Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

29 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If the league do nothing about this then we should just ahead and break the ****ing rules too. Why are we trying to stay within reasonable wage caps for the club and not spending big when every other ****er is doing it recklessly like this and getting away with it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KFS said:

If the league do nothing about this then we should just ahead and break the ****ing rules too. Why are we trying to stay within reasonable wage caps for the club and not spending big when every other ****er is doing it recklessly like this and getting away with it?

Because we didn’t/don’t  have an oligarch willing to bankroll the club for hundreds and hundreds of millions ….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So Burnley and Leeds have asked the EPL to investigates Evertons losses of 372m over the 3 years. Send them down says I.

Nah, I have a better idea. Leeds goes down this season and Everton starts next one with - 12. Both in Championship for season 2023-2024.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

No chance of anything coming of it.  The reason Everton have three times the covid losses of anyone else is, apparently, because the transfer market was depressed and they couldn't sell the players they needed to break even.  (Clearly the transfer market for purchases wasn't depressed, because of the large number of players they signed to replace the ones they hadn't sold.)  

But this means that the likes of Michael Keane, the man who scored one of their goals that kept them safe, does not count towards losses because they actually wanted to sell him.  So they can reduce their loss figure by umpty million for the money they didn't get from sellig him, and they can reduce the loss figure further by his wages because they didn't actually want to payy him while he was playing in their first team and scoring vital goals.

The PL has already had this explanation and taken their usual view of it - ie. to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend nothing is happening - so there won't be any action now.

The explanation is just below half way down the page, headed "profitability and sustainability".  Apparently they couldn't sell players because of covid so those players' transfer fees that Everton didn't receive, can reduce the loss.  Also the amortisation of the transfer fees of those players who they didn't sell don't need to count against the losses, not even if those players are playing for the first team and scoring vital goals in relegation deciders.  Also the players who were so rubbish that their value in the accounts had to be written down by £40m, that's all because of covid (and nothing at all to do with them buying overpriced rubbish players).  The PL knows all this and doesn't care.

https://theesk.org/2022/04/02/a-deeper-delve-into-evertons-2020-21-accounts-new-100-million-shareholder-loan-plus-the-covid-impact/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Off into the sunset rides old Lawro, whose predictions have been a BBC staple since the dawn of the millennium ... though they usually appear to be made somewhere between the sixth and twelfth lager of the night.  Nice work if you can get it.

1517197768_lawroslast.JPG.104dcf889753b48b0cc970dd4461cbd6.JPG

God knows, he's given us more respect than we've earned this season.  And he’s got us 2 - 0 over Saints, so let’s send him out getting that one right.

Maybe say, Everton fill a role of being a huge money laundering operation for someone or another. Which could make sense looking at their transfer policy :sweating:

Now they've lost their sugar daddy Usmanov, it'll be interesting which way they'll go. Moshiri is still there, and Kenwright.

39 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Off into the sunset rides old Lawro, whose predictions have been a BBC staple since the dawn of the millennium ... though they usually appear to be made somewhere between the sixth and twelfth lager of the night.  Nice work if you can get it.

God knows, he's given us more respect than we've earned this season.  And he’s got us 2 - 0 over Saints, so let’s send him out getting that one right.

Good. Another dinosaur consigned to the tar pit of irrelevance. Charlatan. 

• Like 2

Really great farewell letter from Rudiger to Chelsea fans:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/antonio-ruediger-chelsea-fc-soccer-premier-league

Putting that insane tackle the other night, and his behaviour last season in the fixture post-FA Cup win, to one side, there's a lot to respect about him.

More importantly, he has some truly lovely anecdotes about Kanté in there 🥰.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Maybe say, Everton fill a role of being a huge money laundering operation for someone or another. Which could make sense looking at their transfer policy :sweating:

Now they've lost their sugar daddy Usmanov, it'll be interesting which way they'll go. Moshiri is still there, and Kenwright.

Officially ………. In reality is another matter …….

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

Didn't he go a season or two without ever predicting a Liverpool defeat lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I am genuinely excited by the prospect of a slightly stronger, fewer injuries and europe-free squad tackling the league and cups next year....

I don’t understand this.

1. If we have a strong a season as we hope we shall end up in Europe again

2. I’d rather a trip on the continent than a trip to Huddersfield 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Every chance of eighth and we have stubbled to it, with injuries admittedly. Makes you think what could have been, but a positive is we have been far from full strength and a top half finish has been secured 

If we hadn’t had so many injuries, we could have made Europe and knocked Man U out of the top 6. That would have been nice. No business in the Top 4 though, but 6th would have been achievable.

• Like 1

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don’t understand this.

I’d rather a trip to Huddersfield than Nottingham. Pray with me 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don’t understand this.

Of course. I think that's the point he's making though. The reality being we don't have Europe next season. But the positive from that being that we can focus on European qualification next season. No one can change the fact any more that we won't be playing European games next season. 

But let's try and enjoy next season instead of wallowing in sorrow game by game that we're not in Europe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But let's try and enjoy next season instead of wallowing in sorrow game by game that we're not in Europe. 

3 day ban incoming for naivete, honestly... if you're not wallowing in self-pity, you're doing it all wrong... :) 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KFS said:

Everton have a Russian owner which means that they probably more influence / power than you think.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Of course. I think that's the point he's making though. The reality being we don't have Europe next season. But the positive from that being that we can focus on European qualification next season. No one can change the fact any more that we won't be playing European games next season. 

Yeah I know. And I agree.

But if we make Europe next season, it’s likely everyone will be naffed off again with the busy schedule the season after that. 

We should strive to be the best we can, not settle for second best. That involves playing in Europe and dealing with the repercussions in that whilst still having a successful domestic campaign. We need to break that barrier 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

But if we make Europe next season, it’s likely everyone will be naffed off again with the busy schedule the season after that. 

We should strive to be the best we can, not settle for second best. That involves playing in Europe and dealing with the repercussions in that whilst still having a successful domestic campaign. We need to break that barrier 

This is right - hopefully we toughen up and learn from the last 3 seasons.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

I don’t think Usmanov has left the party. Doubtful how tight/seriously taken any of these sanctions are in reality

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The busy schedule won't be an issue if 98% of the squad aren't injured, like this season. I hope we can have a strong season without injuries and because we're not in European competition focus on a top 6 finish in the league. We're aiming for European competition but you need a squad to play more games. This season we barely had enough fit players to deal with the league. 

• Like 1