Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The busy schedule won't be an issue if 98% of the squad aren't injured, like this season. I hope we can have a strong season without injuries and because we're not in European competition focus on a top 6 finish in the league. We're aiming for European competition but you need a squad to play more games. This season we barely had enough fit players to deal with the league. 

He has no place to hide next season. He’s hid behind all of the following excuses at times.

Injuries

Transfers

The players ‘not being good enough

Fixture congestion 

He’s clearly going to be given the chance to address the first three over the summer and the last one is a given. 

I don’t know what I expect from Rodgers anymore and how I’ll personally gauge whether he’s managed to turn us around or not (but it certainly isn’t a trophy because I’m not an entitled fan contrary to some beliefs) 

Some attractive football of 18 months ago would be very nice. It’s not asking for much. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

On 18/05/2022 at 20:15, Facecloth said:

Me and Col both it seems got 3 day bans at the weekend for disagreeing about Amartey.

On 18/05/2022 at 21:44, Unabomber said:

They seem to be on some trip recently.

On 19/05/2022 at 15:05, pmcla26 said:

I've had several 1 day bans for disagreeing about Rodgers with someone. 

I hear all of this. I've just been banned for a week for having the temerity to say I wanted Forest to go up. Pathetic stuff. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I hear all of this. I've just been banned for a week for having the temerity to say I wanted Forest to go up. Pathetic stuff. 

That's deserved imo :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I've just been banned for a week for having the temerity to say I wanted Forest to go up.

fair.gif.be795049a38212f14c36d69c03dc29b3.gif

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1

Hey with some many games on tomorrow and so much at stake the drama will reach fever pitch! Of course I’m gonna watch our game on tv but my 2 phones will be tuned into the city/villa game and maybe Norwich/spuds.

Im curious to hear what games everyone else is tuning into?

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Hey with some many games on tomorrow and so much at stake the drama will reach fever pitch! Of course I’m gonna watch our game on tv but my 2 phones will be tuned into the city/villa game and maybe Norwich/spuds.

You’d like to think Sky will keep up with it all somehow. 

I’ll be on Man City. Win and the country can relax for a bit 

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I will keep one eye on the relegation battles. Brentford/Leeds & Burnley/Newcastle

They should stick Brentford Leeds on one big screen and Man City Villa on the other big screen, I just hope when the score flashes appear on the big screens there is drama till the end, something like Man City making it 2-1 in the 95th minute or Brentford equalising to send Leeds down.

This will be how the drama will unfold tomorrow

6th Minute- Brentford take the lead against Leeds. 

12th Minute- Man City take the lead against Villa

18th Minute- Liverpool take the lead against Wolves

24th Minute- Scouser conor Coady heads in an equaliser for Wolves against Liverpool. 

31st Minute- Watkins taps in an equaliser for Villa against Man City.

33rd Minute- Brentford's knock in the second against Leeds 

42nd minute- Liverpool penalty.... Salah steps up... saved by Sa, stays 1-1!

45+1 Minute- A scrambled goal for Leeds on the edge of Half time! to narrow the score 1-2!

Half time- Burnley still goalless keeping them up, Man City and Liverpool drawing, Leeds going down.

52nd Minute- Danny Ings puts Villa into the lead at Man City.

58th Minute- Liverpool get another pen... Mane steps up... sales over the bar, stays 1-1!

59th Minute- Leeds back in, as Bamford slips in an equaliser.

64th Minute- Leeds celebrations don't last long, as Ashley Barnes puts Burnley in front against Newcastle.

72nd Minute- Mane scores for Liverpool, as they take the lead against Wolves. 2-1!

75th Minute- Toney sends Brentford back in front, Leeds heading down.

79th Minute- Mahrez equalises for Man City against.

83rd Minute- Wolves back in it as they equalise against a shocked Liverpool.

86th Minute- Foden heads in the winner, which sends the title back to Man City.

Full Time- Liverpool draw with Wolves, Leeds lose to Brentford- Leeds down, Burnley beat Newcastle and Man City crowned champions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Surprising how Leeds have found themselves in this situation given they started the season with “football genius” Marcelo Bielsa. 

Still makes me laugh how Pep and Klopp pretty much slate every team/manager for their tactics against them, especially if any team dare take points off them. However whenever they played Leeds they always lauded Bielsa as they want every manager to play expansive football against them so they can win 6-0 every week. The media cock sucking of Bielsa was also cringe worthy. All well and good playing attacking football but not if you're getting pumped every week and end up relegated. 

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

This will be how the drama will unfold tomorrow

6th Minute- Brentford take the lead against Leeds. 

12th Minute- Man City take the lead against Villa

18th Minute- Liverpool take the lead against Wolves

24th Minute- Scouser conor Coady heads in an equaliser for Wolves against Liverpool. 

31st Minute- Watkins taps in an equaliser for Villa against Man City.

33rd Minute- Brentford's knock in the second against Leeds 

42nd minute- Liverpool penalty.... Salah steps up... saved by Sa, stays 1-1!

45+1 Minute- A scrambled goal for Leeds on the edge of Half time! to narrow the score 1-2!

Half time- Burnley still goalless keeping them up, Man City and Liverpool drawing, Leeds going down.

52nd Minute- Danny Ings puts Villa into the lead at Man City.

58th Minute- Liverpool get another pen... Mane steps up... sales over the bar, stays 1-1!

59th Minute- Leeds back in, as Bamford slips in an equaliser.

64th Minute- Leeds celebrations don't last long, as Ashley Barnes puts Burnley in front against Newcastle.

72nd Minute- Mane scores for Liverpool, as they take the lead against Wolves. 2-1!

75th Minute- Toney sends Brentford back in front, Leeds heading down.

79th Minute- Mahrez equalises for Man City against.

83rd Minute- Wolves back in it as they equalise against a shocked Liverpool.

86th Minute- Foden heads in the winner, which sends the title back to Man City.

Full Time- Liverpool draw with Wolves, Leeds lose to Brentford- Leeds down, Burnley beat Newcastle and Man City crowned champions.

All could happen except one thing. Wolves ain't scoring. They are absolutely useless at scoring goals, only Burnley, Watford and Norwich have scored less. Even though we've been shite for quite a bit of this season, I'll be pissed off if we don't finish above wolves as they really are crap! 37 goals scored in 37 games for a team in the top 10 of the league. Hideous! 

• Like 1