Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Still makes me laugh how Pep and Klopp pretty much slate every team/manager for their tactics against them, especially if any team dare take points off them. However whenever they played Leeds they always lauded Bielsa as they want every manager to play expansive football against them so they can win 6-0 every week. The media cock sucking of Bielsa was also cringe worthy. All well and good playing attacking football but not if you're getting pumped every week and end up relegated. 

They just have this mentality that clubs wanna go their and lye down to them. Big name coaches think the premier league evolves around them, don't matter about anyone else. We're just here to make the numbers. 

• Like 1

Well it’s rise and shine early one last time for us in the states but it will be worth it I’m sure. NBC is showing every game across all their networks with their premier networks showing the city and Liverpool games.

I think their also gonna be shifting to the other games if their is a goal or any kind of drama. Safe to say I’ll stick with watching our game knowing I’ll be informed instantly of any drama as it unfolds. Can’t be arsed to keep changing the bloody channel there’s just too many lol. Someone’s gonna be crying tomorrow that’s for sure.

Hobestly id happily watch Bielsas style of football every year than watch managers rape the game with their horrific defensive and boring football

Youve gotta be a proper freak to enjoy that stuff on the reg.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Surprising how Leeds have found themselves in this situation given they started the season with “football genius” Marcelo Bielsa. 

they never had the talent. They were lucky they had him or they would have dropped last year. You see how Ted Lasso has done.

5 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Of the 3 games on telly tomorrow which do you watch? I'm leaning towards Brentford v Leeds as all things being equal you'd expect both man City and Liverpool to win, last day nerves though, I dunno what to watch. 

Was thinking this last night. 

Probably do the same to be honest. 

Man city 17 (4 goals within 3 mins to stop Sky sport building up the Gerrard sh1t!!!)

Villa 0

Man City champs and no Liverpool  w@nkfest on foxestalk.

Brentford 2

Leeds 0

They can feck back off to the Championship  for a few more decades.

• Like 1

Leeds really have fuched it haven't they? Good first season up - they had an identity and were in a position to attract 2-3 players to help them consolidate. Sure, they were gonna get rolled over by the big boys but there was enough there to be better than 3 teams. 

They sacked Bielsa at the wrong time, really. 

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Of the 3 games on telly tomorrow which do you watch? I'm leaning towards Brentford v Leeds as all things being equal you'd expect both man City and Liverpool to win, last day nerves though, I dunno what to watch. 

I’m watching the mighty foxes as every premier league game is shown live on DAZN Spain 

Premier League 2021-22 fans’ verdicts, part one: Arsenal to Leicester - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/22/premier-league-2021-22-fans-verdicts-part-one-arsenal-to-leicester

Premier League 2021-22 fans’ verdicts, part two: Liverpool to Wolves - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/22/premier-league-2021-22-fans-verdicts-part-two-liverpool-to-wolves

Leicester
The overwhelming vibe of this campaign has been flat. We never managed to find our groove this year, despite a few false dawns along the way. For large parts, we’ve lacked the bite shown in previous campaigns and have reverted to being a very frail side, both physically and mentally. If the xG table counted, we’d be going down. 5/10

Stars/flops Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall has had a breakthrough season, firmly establishing himself as the side’s engine in midfield. James Maddison was the worthy recipient of the club’s player of the season award – he said he was grateful but he’d “swap this in a heartbeat to be in a final at the end of the month in Europe”. Youri Tielemans has underwhelmed for large parts of the campaign, though, as has the previously reliable Caglar Soyuncu.

Biggest surprise Absolutely nothing surprises us down Filbert Way these days. Though at the minute, I’m most surprised whenever we successfully defend a corner.

Best/worst away fans Everton had a lot of praise from fellow Leicester supporters but I actually missed that game – so I’ll go for Legia Warsaw. Worst were Manchester United, though let’s face it, we didn’t exactly give them much to shout about.

Moment that made me smile Blackpool’s Jake Daniels having the courage to come out as gay. Leave it to a 17-year-old to show everyone else the way.

Chris Whiting clippings.me/chriswhiting; @ChrisRWhiting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Man City win easily today get a few early goals just to stop any mate drama. Leeds will be 3-0 down by half time and hoping for a Norwich 97 min winner after a dodgy pen just for laughs and Arsenal to win to send conte on a Ramapage kicking and head butting any Spurs player he can get his hands on 😂 . in reality Spurs win 5-0 which is boring 

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

Premier League 2021-22 fans’ verdicts, part one: Arsenal to Leicester - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/22/premier-league-2021-22-fans-verdicts-part-one-arsenal-to-leicester

Premier League 2021-22 fans’ verdicts, part two: Liverpool to Wolves - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/22/premier-league-2021-22-fans-verdicts-part-two-liverpool-to-wolves

Leicester
The overwhelming vibe of this campaign has been flat. We never managed to find our groove this year, despite a few false dawns along the way. For large parts, we’ve lacked the bite shown in previous campaigns and have reverted to being a very frail side, both physically and mentally. If the xG table counted, we’d be going down. 5/10

Stars/flops Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall has had a breakthrough season, firmly establishing himself as the side’s engine in midfield. James Maddison was the worthy recipient of the club’s player of the season award – he said he was grateful but he’d “swap this in a heartbeat to be in a final at the end of the month in Europe”. Youri Tielemans has underwhelmed for large parts of the campaign, though, as has the previously reliable Caglar Soyuncu.

Biggest surprise Absolutely nothing surprises us down Filbert Way these days. Though at the minute, I’m most surprised whenever we successfully defend a corner.

Best/worst away fans Everton had a lot of praise from fellow Leicester supporters but I actually missed that game – so I’ll go for Legia Warsaw. Worst were Manchester United, though let’s face it, we didn’t exactly give them much to shout about.

Moment that made me smile Blackpool’s Jake Daniels having the courage to come out as gay. Leave it to a 17-year-old to show everyone else the way.

Chris Whiting clippings.me/chriswhiting; @ChrisRWhiting

" If the xG table counted, we’d be going down."

What a ridiculous comment.

In fact if only there was a great method of determining the Champions and the three teams that go down :rolleyes: Oh yeah, we've had that since the 1880's.

But no lets scrap that a play based on XG.

Fvck me.

Edited by Fox92

44 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

" If the xG table counted, we’d be going down."

What a ridiculous comment.

It's not that ridiculous. We'd be 3 points off the drop going into today. 

Just highlighting his point about how we've lost our bite. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What channel? 

I presume it's their 'Soccer Saturday'

But Sky Sports viewers will also be able to watch goals from the other seven games, including Tottenham vs Norwich, Arsenal vs Everton and Burnley vs Newcastle, as part of our live coverage and also on Soccer Special on Sky Sports News.

In addition, Sky Sports' digital platforms will show in-game clips from Manchester City vs Aston Villa, Liverpool vs Wolves and Brentford vs Leeds.

Free match highlights from every Final Day Premier League game will then be available across Sky Sports Digital shortly after full-time.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Whats that got to do with our xG and clear lack of bite? 

xG is not a good stat, never will be because they don’t even count goals. Having a player like Vardy who scores from all weird angles and maddison doesn’t help xG. Yet having players who miss clear chances everytime like Lukaku makes the xG high 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

xG is not a good stat, never will be because they don’t even count goals. Having a player like Vardy who scores from all weird angles and maddison doesn’t help xG. Yet having players who miss clear chances everytime like Lukaku makes the xG high 

I'm not a big fan of xG either. But I do see a problem with the fact we average less chances than the opposition with less chances on target. Its only because we have a couple of excellent finishers that we average as many goals as the opposition.