Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

23 hours ago, The Bear said:

I hear all of this. I've just been banned for a week for having the temerity to say I wanted Forest to go up. Pathetic stuff. 

Sorry for the delay in responding I’m just back from a ban for saying Amartey played well as it might wind up col.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm not a big fan of xG either. But I do see a problem with the fact we average less chances than the opposition with less chances on target. Its only because we have a couple of excellent finishers that we average as many goals as the opposition. 

It’s only because we have better players that we score more goals than the opposition? Isn’t that how footballs always worked. 
XG is a ridiculous stat to start with, but to use it in the way it’s being used here is ridiculous.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Why the **** can we only watch 3 pissing games and two of them are in let's be honest will be finished within the first half hour 

Crazy to think other countries have more choice in choosing what premier league match they can watch. 

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Crazy to think other countries have more choice in choosing what premier league match they can watch. 

I'm one of the minority that does kinda back not having a free selection, the 3 o clock blackout and all that but it seems bloody daft on the final day I swear we could watch all of them not so long ago

59 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's not that ridiculous. We'd be 3 points off the drop going into today. 

Just highlighting his point about how we've lost our bite. 

Quote all my post and you’ll see what I’m getting at.

14 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It’s crazy that I can sit up and watch all 10 games, or watch the goal rush game with all goals as the go in.

Ive got us on the main screen, Leeds game on the iPad and Burnley on the phone and Liverpool or Man City on one of the kids iPad. 
They might swap around depending on where it gets exciting.

27 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s only because we have better players that we score more goals than the opposition? Isn’t that how footballs always worked. 
XG is a ridiculous stat to start with, but to use it in the way it’s being used here is ridiculous.

No. Its not about xG. Is about how we on average, create less than the opposition. By a few shots aswell. 

Also nothing to do with 'better players' only to do with we don't create much. Which most have been saying for about 18 months now. We're up shit creek if we lose one certain individual. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

18 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

This is why piracy is so popular.   Having said that the EPL needs to protect their product to ensure the overall TV income remains at ridiculously high levels and makes the Clubs so rich.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Yeah pretty much all of them. In China I can watch every premier league game in English for around £30 a year. Really is confusing that the UK is pretty much the only country you can't do this in. (I think North Korea is the only other from memory)

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No. Its not about xG. Is about how we om average, create less than the opposition. By a few shots aswell. 

So the Arsenal teams under George Graham who won everything in the game and coined the famous 1-0 to the Arsenal and boring, boring Arsenal Chants their XG and goals created would have been hideous.

If you’re old enough to remember the games pre premier league - they would routinely go one up and shut up shop and not create anything.

If that team were playing today, despite winning the league, you could say if the XG table counted they’d be going down - they didn’t go down, they won the league.

We may create less than others, but we out score everyone outside the top 4 other than West Ham, we are one goal behind them.

19 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

So the Arsenal teams under George Graham who won everything in the game and coined the famous 1-0 to the Arsenal and boring, boring Arsenal Chants their XG and goals created would have been hideous.

If you’re old enough to remember the games pre premier league - they would routinely go one up and shut up shop and not create anything.

If that team were playing today, despite winning the league, you could say if the XG table counted they’d be going down - they didn’t go down, they won the league.

We may create less than others, but we out score everyone outside the top 4 other than West Ham, we are one goal behind them.

Exactly, the fact we could end the season on a positive GD will tell you we don’t have an issue scoring, the problem is keeping them out. Especially defending set pieces, we are terrible. I have no problems with our forward play 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I presume it's their 'Soccer Saturday'

But Sky Sports viewers will also be able to watch goals from the other seven games, including Tottenham vs Norwich, Arsenal vs Everton and Burnley vs Newcastle, as part of our live coverage and also on Soccer Special on Sky Sports News.

In addition, Sky Sports' digital platforms will show in-game clips from Manchester City vs Aston Villa, Liverpool vs Wolves and Brentford vs Leeds.

Free match highlights from every Final Day Premier League game will then be available across Sky Sports Digital shortly after full-time.

BBc

You can follow it all as it happens on BBC radio, TV and online - including watching the goals as they go in from the seven non-televised matches on Final Score online from 15:30 and then on BBC Two from 17:00.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Once again I'm not talking xG. I'm talking our inability to create chances. We also actually on average score the same. But you're just ignoring the issue. The issue being we don't create much any more for some reason. That isn't good. It's regression. I don't understand why you take issue with that? 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Once again I'm not talking xG. I'm talking our inability to create chances. 

But what about our ability to score goals? Surely that’s the most important thing? And only the top 4 plus West Ham have scored more than us. If we can score 1 more than West Ham today, only the top 4 have scored more than us this season. 
Off the top of my head and I’m sure I’ve missed some, but I can only think of the Villa bore draw and the two games where Ramsdale played out of his skin as games we haven’t scored in.

If you’re a betting man, you’re backing both teams to score and cleaning up every time we play this season. 

• Like 3

On 20/05/2022 at 10:41, StanSP said:

image.png.e2166f952bbe1fb0a8d3be294336877e.png

image.png.fccf3997dcb8452dec41ea38b7904757.png

image.png.0ddd03d02e4cc665ff0930dd387198fe.png

Looks far away but given Fofana runs forward, by the time Rudiger lands there could have been some injury.

Just no need to jump in like that.

tks for sharing mate

57 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

But what about our ability to score goals? Surely that’s the most important thing? And only the top 4 plus West Ham have scored more than us. If we can score 1 more than West Ham today, only the top 4 have scored more than us this season. 
Off the top of my head and I’m sure I’ve missed some, but I can only think of the Villa bore draw and the two games where Ramsdale played out of his skin as games we haven’t scored in.

If you’re a betting man, you’re backing both teams to score and cleaning up every time we play this season. 

Our ability to score goals has also taken a hit. We're scoring less than previous seasons (bar a record breaking win today) so we're scoring less and conceding more. That's regression. Which was the point.

The style of play we've been served the last 18 months has been boring aswell. Which sort of shows from the stats. 

I'll take blame for Ramsdale though. Kept saying how bad he can be before the game so obviously he was going to have a blinder. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Once again I'm not talking xG. I'm talking our inability to create chances.

That is an absolute doozy.  You're arguing with yourself and managing to come out behind.

xG was bloody created as a way to quantify the number and quality of chances.

That's all xG is or ever was.  A number that counts and grades chances based on tons of statistical history.