Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Bristol Rovers and Bristol City, but I don't think Bristol City are referred to solely as "City" anywhere other than Bristol.

Bristol City played ManC in a League Cup semi a couple of seasons back and their forum, OTIB, were raging about the media billing it as City vs Bristol. They henceforth referred to ManC simply as 'Manchester'.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, turlo said:

bloody good signing for them

Couldn't disagree more tbh but I know I'm in a minority here.

Hes constantly injured and on a fortune. I bet you they've overpaid there but that doesn't suprise me.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes constantly injured and on a fortune. I bet you they've overpaid there but that doesn't suprise me.

Exactly my thoughts. I don’t think it’s as good as it looks. 

Also off to put some big money on Dean smith being the first manager sacked. A lot of pressure on him and he’s very average 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly my thoughts. I don’t think it’s as good as it looks. 

Also off to put some big money on Dean smith being the first manager sacked. A lot of pressure on him and he’s very average 

30m on a 29 year old with terrible knees and reportedly wants 120k a week.

Thought they'd be a lot smarter than that. So they've spent their money in bailey, buendia and ings.....interesting approach.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Always thought Alex Crook was a bit slow given Ings has now signed for Villa 

That's what Southampton have said, villa have said they've signed him. It's a little odd tbh.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, sdb said:

Wonder how much that cost? Still only a few injuries off being bang average, but what a window it's been for them.

30m.

1 year left on his contract. Wage demands 120k a week. Dodgy knees.

That's a panic buy and a half.

Good signing depending on the price. Injuries are a problem but he's a goalscorer.

Still managed 13 last season and he had his injury problems.

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

30m on a 29 year old with terrible knees and reportedly wants 100k a week.

Thought they'd be a lot smarter than that. So they've spent their money in bailey, buendia and ings.....interesting approach.

Buendia I reckon is a great signing, Bailey is 50/50 - his attitude isn’t the best, Ings I don’t think is value. 

What’s notable about Villa is the level of player they have currently means their wage bill (Young included must have took a huge jump). 

I think it also means Smith is trying to shoehorn two strikers in his team two weeks before the season isn’t great planning 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Very random. But another good signing for Villa.

11 minutes ago, Lcfc Jordan said:

Not worried about Ings going Villa , without grealish they will struggle with creativity 

Yes. Absolutely no creativity at all in Traore, Buendia, Bailey is there.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Southampton going to struggle next season, another season goes and another key player leaves. It'll be battle to keep Ward-Prowse I'm not sure if that ends the links to Villa.

Agreed. Without Ings' goals I think they'll find it very tough.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Buendia I reckon is a great signing, Bailey is 50/50 - his attitude isn’t the best, Ings I don’t think is value. 

What’s notable about Villa is the level of player they have currently means their wage bill (Young included must have took a huge jump). 

I think it also means Smith is trying to shoehorn two strikers in his team two weeks before the season isn’t great planning 

Fully agree but I think they've overpaid on buendia. He wasn't that good in the prem last time.

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I’m of the same opinion.

I can see Villa imploding.