Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

MOTD is going to be good tonight. I'll probably be asleep by the time our game gets on but seeing the disappointment on the face of all those plastics will give me sweet dreams.

At Anfield, the cameraman immediately panned to a kid crying when full time went at Man City. 

Meanwhile, a cameraman at Man City decided to pan on a girl with very short shorts on before then panning away to other fans lol

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The Guardian aren’t happy. 

65DB460B-BFAC-4A27-8452-2E7618E23D65.jpeg.56ab3f8d41bcd68dcde1145ec8f86a57.jpeg

Theyve not bought the title anymore than Liverpool tried to buy it, or Leicester tried to buy a way into the europa league.

Liverpool BOUGHT allison, BOUGHT van dijk, BOUGHT mane, BOUGHT salah, BOUGHT diaz, BOUGHT jota....

What are you supposed to do, never buy anyone and be owned by a chairman who doesnt have a pot to piss in or else your achievements are meaningless?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I wanted them to stay up.  But they'll be in League One within three years.  It will have to begin with a fire sale.  Financially they are now miles underwater.

Unpleasant team, several unpleasant players and a deeply unpleasant manager until he rightly got binned off.

Glad they're gone. Now F off and do a Blackburn.

Edited by Parafox

Burnley are screwed, they now have to pay £65m to the guys who took out the loan to buy them. They had £40m in the bank before these new owners came in and appear to have lumbered loads of debt on a small town club. Man Utd can survive that sort of dodgy dealings but Burnley?. Perhaps we can get Pope in if Kasper does leave 

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Burnley really shouldn't have got rid of Dyche. Big mistake.

Even if they’d gone down under him, he would have been a better bet to attempt to bring them back up.

Now they’ll end up with goodness knows which manager.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

MOTD is going to be good tonight. I'll probably be asleep by the time our game gets on but seeing the disappointment on the face of all those plastics will give me sweet wet dreams.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

At Anfield, the cameraman immediately panned to a kid crying when full time went at Man City. 

Meanwhile, a cameraman at Man City decided to pan on a girl with very short shorts on before then panning away to other fans lol

He's probably downloaded that footage to his phone already.

9 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Theyve not bought the title anymore than Liverpool tried to buy it, or Leicester tried to buy a way into the europa league.

Liverpool BOUGHT allison, BOUGHT van dijk, BOUGHT mane, BOUGHT salah, BOUGHT diaz, BOUGHT jota....

What are you supposed to do, never buy anyone and be owned by a chairman who doesnt have a pot to piss in or else your achievements are meaningless?

This :appl:

My stepson was out playing football with his mates, bought home one of them who is a big Man City fan, he actually attends a lot of matches, his dad works in Manchester and was at the game today.

His brother came to pick him up and they were off to celebrate. Never met his brother before, told him to come in and watch the trophy presentation lol

They were both so grateful. We all had a good chat about football, told them they owe us as we were only 1 of 2 teams to beat Liverpool!

Lovely lads and proper supporters, as they actually go to games, so I've got time for that.

Unlike my Liverpool supporting brother-in-law who couldn't point out Liverpool on a map lol

Genuinely a great afternoon spending it with people that it meant something to.

But thank god that season is over!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Liverpool BOUGHT allison, BOUGHT van dijk, BOUGHT mane, BOUGHT salah, BOUGHT diaz, BOUGHT jota.... we 

Absolutely. If we could have afforded the likes of Salah, Van Dijk etc. would we moan about "buying the league". I very much doubt it.

If Levy actually invests some money I could really see Spurs going places under Conte.

Really like the business he has done already getting Bentancur and Kulu in.

At the back if they get a good partner for Romero and then use Emerson Royal and Reguillon/Sessegnon at wing backs thats solid.

Then Kane and Son linking up with some good underrated squad players like Moura and Bergwijn to fill in.

Just feel like with the new stadium too theyre a club on the up.

• Like 1