Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Vardy with 15 goals from 25 games 

Kane with goals from 37 games 

he Isn't credited enough

Theyre both phemonemal in different ways.

Kane is not only a top goalscorer but a top creator as well. Technical ability is top drawer, two footed, dribbling, eye for pass.

Vardy still terrorises defences with a style you dont see much now and has consistently proved the doubters wrong.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Doesnt fully look like he gets touched, with 2 stewards guarding him too. 

Looks like he get pushed from behind, struck across the face and as he comes to the bottom of the screen a potential punch

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think at least two of the instances of contact are people not looking and bumping into him as they charge on.

That said, the whole pitch invasion thing can get in the bin. 

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Looks like he get pushed from behind, struck across the face and as he comes to the bottom of the screen a potential punch

Just now, Vacamion said:

I think at least two of the instances of contact are people not looking and bumping into him as they charge on.

That said, the whole pitch invasion thing can get in the bin. 

Watched it a few times and can't tell if they are intentional hits or just clumsy knockings into people. 

But agreed, pitch invasions are getting bit stupid lately

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Makes me despair to be honest. Why does this sport have to be followed by such people?

I was out today and came home to watch the end and I saw the scenes afterwards. I saw the scenes at Forest and Goodison, and today I was seeing kids of maybe 10-12 years old breaking the posts at Man City. Why? why actually do that?? Why dont the parents just say dont do that. They werent celebrating anything. It was reminiscent of the Scotland fans breaking the Wembley posts.

Whats the point of invading the field? If its scumbags looking for aggro they arent celebrating. The genuinely spontaneous ones, once youve ran on then what? you didnt kick a ball, what are you going to do, jump up and down a bit on the grass and take a selfie? wow.

Towards the end of the invasion im pretty sure everyone in the stands was booing those on the field because they wanted to see the trophy being lifted, not a load of chavs standing there on the grass like idiots.

The fact the Villa keeper got hassled after everything else this week, to be honest im fed up being associated with the people who follow this sport at times when stuff like this happens.

• Like 2

Not super thrilled Oil City has won the league four times in five years. Now with Harlaand, will Liverpool be able to keep up?

Just makes our win in 2016 all the more special

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

(Probably) Three trophies over one. 

They are a very very good side, whether they’re the best is debatable (but they’re definitely in the equation). 

Your original post just seemed like you were trying to pick an argument/justify yourself to nobody in particular.

The ‘best ever’ side have finished behind Man City twice over the last 2 seasons (4 of the past 5 seasons too). This is where a huge flaw in your point stands.

They also haven’t won the Champions League yet. So it’s two trophies for now.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

What shit are they chatting on sky about Zinchenko winning the league being a boost to the Ukrainian people 

"One of Putins tanks is outside the house"

"Don't worry, Zinchenko has won the league with Man City, we'll be fine"

Actually I imagine it means a lot 

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Actually I imagine it means a lot 

I imagine it means a lot to Zinchenko, any family he has, any friends caught up in it all. Can't imagine the average person thought much about it. I'd imagine Eurovision meant a lot more.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I imagine it means a lot to Zinchenko, any family he has, any friends caught up in it all. Can't imagine the average person thought much about it. I'd imagine Eurovision meant a lot more.

I saw his interview afterwards. I definitely think it would mean something to Ukrainians 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Something is going on, suddenly the whole country is against pitch celebrations despite this shit happening for decades. 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Something is going on, suddenly the whole country is against pitch celebrations despite this shit happening for decades. 

It's not hard to understand. There have been assaults on players and managers in every one of the pitch invasions. Some very serious. 

It's ridiculous to expect the players to tolerate the threat of being physically assaulted in their workplace. The clubs need to prevent it and I can't see any way other than fences coming back. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah, on another forum someone pulled up Millwall v Derby playoff semi final 94 and it’s very similar 

26 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

It's not hard to understand. There have been assaults on players and managers in every one of the pitch invasions. Some very serious. 

It's ridiculous to expect the players to tolerate the threat of being physically assaulted in their workplace. The clubs need to prevent it and I can't see any way other than fences coming back. 

download (4).jpeg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Fences are even more dangerous. I'm totally against pitch invasions unless there is something organised by the team with children and their parents. 

Regarding why we see more acts of abuse and violence is a deeper discussion which involves politics, financial difficulties etc.