Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Gotta say, they’ve played 62 out of 63 games possible with the 63rd coming up next week; won 46 of those matches and lost just 3, won the League Cup and FA Cup despite not scoring in either final, they have the joint best defensive record and the most clean sheets, the highest scorer… 

They SHOULD be being hailed as one of the best teams ever, but they STILL can’t win the league because of Man City. 

And us. That win in December is so much sweeter. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Gotta say, they’ve played 62 out of 63 games possible with the 63rd coming up next week; won 46 of those matches and lost just 3, won the League Cup and FA Cup despite not scoring in either final, they have the joint best defensive record and the most clean sheets, the highest scorer… 

They SHOULD be being hailed as one of the best teams ever, but they STILL can’t win the league because of Man City. 

And us. That win in December is so much sweeter. 

Thought Chelsea were very unlucky to lose both finals tbf 

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

The Man City set piece stat they just put on MotD was interesting. Fewest goals conceded and most goals scored from set pieces. But Pep is a fraud apparently.

People hear Pep and think sexy possession based football, pinging it around in the final third.

Whilst there is some truth to that, he knows how to set up a team.

It's training drill after training drill and instilling a mentality.

Whilst it hasn't worked in Europe yet for Man City, to bounce back from the way they went out and to go on to win the league again is pure resilience. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trabuch said:

The Man City set piece stat they just put on MotD was interesting. Fewest goals conceded and most goals scored from set pieces. But Pep is a fraud apparently.

Liverpool, we hear, despite their huge financial disadvantage, have the world's best manager and several of the best players in many positions. Man City are managed by a fraud yet keep winning titles.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Surprised Tielemans didn’t get a nomination for goal of the season.

Mane & Xhaka lucky to make the list I though. 

How on earth was Guimaraes heel flick from the corner against saints not in there lol 

Just now, The Bear said:

To paraphrase Neo, there is no gap. 

It was tongue in cheek because we're obviously superior but I've just seen you scored 38 goals this season, I remember early doors you were going favourably against metrics in terms of chance conversion and stuff but bloody hell mate that's not good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It was tongue in cheek because we're obviously superior but I've just seen you scored 38 goals this season, I remember early doors you were going favourably against metrics in terms of chance conversion and stuff but bloody hell mate that's not good.

Had to double check that and I thought my eyes were deceiving me. 38 goals. A goal a game. That's Burnley level stuff. Start of the season it looked like a changed Wolves style but I guess not. On the other hand they've conceded 15 less goals than us. 

47 minutes ago, Koke said:

People who don't rate Pep shouldn't be commenting on football. 

I’m not a huge fan of the man, and loved seeing the boys win against Man City @ Wembley. But if he was to take over at Leicester I’d be cartwheeling down Filbert away, through the turnstiles, across the concourse, down the stairs and into my seat.

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Surprised Tielemans didn’t get a nomination for goal of the season.

Mane & Xhaka lucky to make the list I though. 

I think they just picked out their goal of the month winner from each month 

• Like 1