Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Great deal for Southampton then. £10m profit for a 29 year old. 

Apart from the fact they'll struggle, potentially go down imo. Adams and Long as forward options and I doubt they'll invest the 30m.

30m is a hell of a lot for Ings, even though he is a good striker, but if he scores the goals to get Villa top 6 then it turns into good business.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Apart from the fact they'll struggle, potentially go down imo. Adams and Long as forward options and I doubt they'll invest the 30m.

30m is a hell of a lot for Ings, even though he is a good striker, but if he scores the goals to get Villa top 6 then it turns into good business.

Plus Liverpool will take 20%

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

2 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Plus Liverpool will take 20%

It'll go far in the Championship though.

• Haha 1

I like Ings a lot and would like to have had him here as the immediate successor to Vardy. We could have offered him European football as well.

Villa definitely are showing ambition. Whether this translates into success or not is another thing altogether. Ings does look like a player who’s one tackle away from a lengthy lay off. We’ve also seen Everton throw money around like confetti and ultimately get nowhere. 

• Like 1

I think Villa are becoming a serious contender to challenge us for European football. I don't want 5th to become our ceiling but it's still a success should we get there. Villa are another team we can't take lightly. 

• Like 2

£25m for Ings is mad considering his contract situation. Then again if Villa’s owners are as rich as their fans keep reminding anyone it is nothing for them. However their negotiating tactics seem pretty bad, it’s like they are just asking clubs what they want then the club gives a stupid figure and Villa are like yeah ok then where do we send the money to?

Also re the whole Grealish situation why are their fans so mad about it? It’s the circle of life there are always bigger clubs who can offer bigger wages and take your best players. Man City and Villa are miles apart so of course Grealish would go! Also they have offered his release cause so what’s the problem. To quote the main man “Delusions of grandeur” those guys.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

30m on a 29 year old with terrible knees and reportedly wants 120k a week.

Thought they'd be a lot smarter than that. So they've spent their money in bailey, buendia and ings.....interesting approach.

On paper they don’t look like bad signings, but is it really to dissimilar to Everton’s approach over the years? Spend big money on obvious names but often the reason those players are signing for an Everton or Villa is because they’re not good enough for a top 4 team.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Talksport is awash with very upset Villa fans right now hahahaa.

I know we are the masters at selling players we can afford to lose for huge fees but I can't understand how fans of clubs our size think they can challenge the top 6, retain all their best players and have enough money each year to buy loads of new players. 

These thick brummies chirpsing on about their owners being the 3rd richest in the league and they don't need the money are in for a huge shock when they have to explain their losses away in the coming years. 

Who are they going to explain their losses to? The regulations are very weak when it comes down to it

40 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Who are they going to explain their losses to? The regulations are very weak when it comes down to it

Still a risky move, clubs like Villa way more like to be punished than the elite.

• Like 2