Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

43 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t get comments like this. All 3 of the players they’ve signed have been heavily suggested as signings we should make in the past. 

villas scouts have been good recently and they are definitely stronger this year than last. 

As much as I think we could’ve done with Buendia or Bailey some of players Villa are linked with and bought are just obvious names, many of our fans wanted Sigurdsson and in the end we got Maddison in that position, I think it’s fair to say we made the right call.

Its the reason they’re reminding me of Everton, we could’ve probably gone and got Danny Ings as well, it’s low risk in the sense that he’s proven but the potential rewards a lower as well but Danny Ings isn’t starting a for a top 4 side so if that’s actually Villa’s ambition eventually is it really the right type of signing? We instead got Daka who if successful will be worth 4x what we paid for him. Same applies for a signing like James Ward-Prowse if they pull it off.

Edited by Yes

40 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I honestly think for the price ings could be good value. You can pay about 7 mill just in loan fees these days. If he gets 10 goals it would probably be good value. 

I’m certainly more worried about playing them now than I was this time last year. 

If he gets 10/15 goals which get Villa into Europe then the 30m turns into decent business. I've always liked him, he's a good goalscorer, it's just his injury record. A fit Ings will get at least 15 goals a season though (the season before last when he was injury free he scored 22 goals I think and that doesn't include penalties because Ward Prowse takes them for Southampton).

Southampton could really struggle this season. Their attacking options look shocking.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Kane on holiday instead of doing his job. Scum bag. 

Even though I can understand kane desire to leave he should still be do a shift for spurs until his move to Manchester is complete. Maybe it's time the league put a role into action to prevent this, if a player refuses to report to his club for training a player his likely to face a five match ban... even if he does get his move in the end, does that sound fair.

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Apparently the Danny Ings nice guy act is in fact an act.

Nah, he does a lot of charity work off field. This move doesn't make all that an act.

Villa have showed more ambition than Southampton have. Do Southampton actually invest anything anymore?

I would guess that Southampton fans are more pissed off with their board. I don't think they've been interested for a long time now.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t get comments like this. All 3 of the players they’ve signed have been heavily suggested as signings we should make in the past. 

villas scouts have been good recently and they are definitely stronger this year than last. 

Heavily suggested by blokes on here who don't really watch a lot of football. Not one of them was actually linked.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

If you look at Villa's strongest team:

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Bailey, Luiz, McGinn, Buendia, Ings, Watkins - if they went 442, they play defensive full backs so would probably get away with a front 4 against most. That's pretty decent. Not much behind them though. 

8th at best.

27 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Heavily suggested by blokes on here who don't really watch a lot of football. Not one of them was actually linked.

I’m not saying you’re wrong on that front but people would be excited if we had signed any of the 3... even at the prices they paid. 

it’s up to their owners if they want to do bad value deals as a fan, if it gets results on the pitch who cares 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong on that front but people would be excited if we had signed any of the 3... even at the prices they paid. 

it’s up to their owners if they want to do bad value deals as a fan, if it gets results on the pitch who cares 

Our fans were excited when we signed slimani and silva (me included).....

39 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Our fans were excited when we signed slimani and silva (me included).....

We were also a club the world thought  were crazy for spending £1m on a non league striker. 

You can never really know what is good business and what is bad business until you’ve seen how they work at their new club. 

• Like 1

The records we have broke as well is just quite staggering, rewind to Sheffield Wednesday at home (that massive relegation battle) that we lost, you wouldn’t of dreamt how far we have come and what we and our players have achieved!! I still think we are the club of the decade!!

19 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I’d have thought Messi will go to PSG if he leaves Barcelona

They’re probably favourites, but whatever Kane’s wages were + £120m fee or whatever should be more than enough to pay Messi with 

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Messi is gone. As much as it’d kill the league, I’d love to see him in the prem.

Never gonna happen but imagine if we did sign him on a free? lol

I seem to remember reading that Juventus sold €50m worth Ronaldo shirts 24 hours after signing him.

It'd be ****ing hilarious.