Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Villa will be absolutely fine without him, obviously hurts to lose your main man but they have a good team.

They're losing 10 assists and 6 goals, but on merit I'd say when I've watched Villa they've been creating from other areas, especially since signing Watkins. Keeping McGinn fit is important for them now, still rate him as a playmaker. If they can get Ings and Watkins on the end of some decent balls they're gonna be a deadly side going forwards.

8 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Villa will be absolutely fine without him, obviously hurts to lose your main man but they have a good team.

They're losing 10 assists and 6 goals, but on merit I'd say when I've watched Villa they've been creating from other areas, especially since signing Watkins. Keeping McGinn fit is important for them now, still rate him as a playmaker. If they can get Ings and Watkins on the end of some decent balls they're gonna be a deadly side going forwards.

Have you seen what happened to villa when grealish got injured, they collapsed… looking at assists and goals is one thing but it is his all round play as well scares defenders and the like. They might be fine but they are worse without him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

If that's true he's earning 61p per second, every second of every minute of every hour for the next 6 years.... 

and that’s just his wages. He’ll earn a good amount in sponsorships and bonuses as well. I’m not normally one for calling out footballers for earning too much but that does seem obscene. I mean grealish is a decent player but he’s hardly world class.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Lukaku wants more ……….

I think it’ll be similar. If he wants €12 million after tax as reported. That would be 10.1 million pounds which works out needing to be paid 365,000 pounds a week before tax. For me though Lukaku is significantly better than grealish.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I think it’ll be similar. If he wants €12 million after tax as reported. That would be 10.1 million pounds which works out needing to be paid 365,000 pounds a week before tax. For me though Lukaku is significantly better than grealish.

Can't help feel the Premier League will go the way of La Ligue/Serie A eventually (10+ years). Ridiculous wages being dished out these days! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Can't help feel the Premier League will go the way of La Ligue/Serie A eventually (10+ years). Ridiculous wages being dished out these days! 

It’s just crazy that someone has decided to decide that Grealish is worth a £215 million spend including the fee and wages. 

De Bruyne is 29 (and injury prone) and Mahrez is 30. If Grealish moved to United, Chelsea or Liverpool he becomes unobtainable, even for Man City.

It seems a decadent signing now but in a year it won’t be viewed that way. It’s expensive business but they have a huge asset tied now. It’s a great for England have Grealish and Foden playing together under Guardiola.

Does that mean Bernardo Silva might have limited opportunities? :whistle:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

They need a striker 

They do but I think they are being priced out of Harry Kane and you just know Messi will be a huge temptation for them. Can see them playing with a false no.9 again and still scoring a shed load 

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Christ if Barnes got offered Man City I'd understand

Not really the same though. Barnes hasn't been with Leicester since he was 6 years old, captained the side and been your standout best player. 

A better comparison would be Vardy moving to Man City if you'd have failed to win the league. 

• Like 3