Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Buying the best players also means that your rivals can’t have them  ………

And this is exactly what man city did when they were first bought by mega rich owners...they absolutely bought the league 🤦‍♀️

In the unlikely event that Messi does sign for Man City there’s a good chance he’d make his debut at the King Power…

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Not really the same though. Barnes hasn't been with Leicester since he was 6 years old, captained the side and been your standout best player. 

A better comparison would be Vardy moving to Man City if you'd have failed to win the league. 

I can see that but at the same time, Villa put in the release clause, Man City activated it and he probably felt he'd done as much as he could.

He may also have thought that his sale would secure their future. I get fans' frustration but at the same time, if someone in your field of work offered you the chance to step up and really prove yourself, wouldn't you?

He also seems like he REALLY wants to play for England and, sadly, knows that Villa shirt means he's probably overlooked. 

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I can see that but at the same time, Villa put in the release clause, Man City activated it and he probably felt he'd done as much as he could.

He may also have thought that his sale would secure their future. I get fans' frustration but at the same time, if someone in your field of work offered you the chance to step up and really prove yourself, wouldn't you?

He also seems like he REALLY wants to play for England and, sadly, knows that Villa shirt means he's probably overlooked. 

That last bit is true, he probably thinks if he was wearing a man city Jersey, he would least get a regular start for England. I'm not sure if Southgate as advised on the move, I'm not sure. 

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

In the unlikely event that Messi does sign for Man City there’s a good chance he’d make his debut at the King Power…

Messi too the premier league, I'm not sure itll happen. His age and wage demands play against even with man city spending power... I think he'll go either China or USA. 

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Messi too the premier league, I'm not sure itll happen. His age and wage demands play against even with man city spending power... I think he'll go either China or USA. 

I don't think China are doing expensive imports anymore.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I find it amazing that these transfer fees and wages are actually allowed. It's crazy that a wage cap hasn't been implemented in the last few years. Too late now though. 

We're spending about 80% turnover on wages. A wage cap would mean we would significantly need to shed some of.our highest earners.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There'd be some of our fans that had Hamza have hacked down an opposing player and snapped their leg last week that they'd have excused it because that said player had accidentally hurt him a minute earlier.

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I hope they play him in the Charity Shield and our Ricardo "takes him out" with a dodgy challenge for at least a year for what he did on 12th March last year...not that I'm vindictive at all.

Hahahaha something immensely satisfying about this post coming straight after 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Just in case, I'm buying up all the "S"es.

No no no, you’ve got it all wrong. You need to buy up all the “I” ‘s. So people have to go round with “MESS” on the back of their shirts :devil:

8 hours ago, AmyLGK said:

And this is exactly what man city did when they were first bought by mega rich owners...they absolutely bought the league 🤦‍♀️

Yet you mention them doing just that they get all delicate and precious about it, almost as if they believe they'd be where they are now without the money. Strange bunch