Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

He is being paid £2,200 per hour, every hour...even when he is asleep. He can go to bed at midnight, get up at 8.00am and will be £16,000 richer.

If that is too much for you to get your head around, think of it like this: If he is just paid for the work he does i.e. playing for an hour and a half for say 50 times a season, his hourly rate becomes £4,933. DISGUSTING!

All this does is encourage other players to demand more and more money which in the long run is unsustainable. Eventually  professional football will implode on itself and hopefully we can get back to some sort of sanity.

By the way, which would you prefer, one Jack Grealish or a hundred Jamie Vardy's.....l know what my choice is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Im unsure here. They really need a poacher or someone to just be there to tap in the chances. Is Kane that player?

They have a lot of good options already in midfield, surely a striker like Kane would have been a better option?

There's no doubt we should've finished in the top four at least once in the past two years. I think 2019/20 was the one because last year we were so disrupted by injuries plus the European Champions hauled themselves over the line whilst Liverpool managed 26 points in the last 10 games. Definitely more mitigation than before.

This year I don't see it happening. The top teams (bar Liverpool who already have a strong squad with players coming back) are spending incredible amounts to boost already top class squads. I think us and the rest will do well to keep pace, to be honest.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

There's no doubt we should've finished in the top four at least once in the past two years. I think 2019/20 was the one because last year we were so disrupted by injuries plus the European Champions hauled themselves over the line whilst Liverpool managed 26 points in the last 10 games. Definitely more mitigation than before.

This year I don't see it happening. The top teams (bar Liverpool who already have a strong squad with players coming back) are spending incredible amounts to boost already top class squads. I think us and the rest will do well to keep pace, to be honest.

Thing is, our reason for dropping out of the top 4 both times was our poor results constantly against sides we should be beating.  Our results against the actual top 6 on both occasions was pretty good and I guess we will fare OK against the traditional 6 again this term.  We just need to learn to pick apart the teams who sit back and defend against us, that's been our weakness for 2 seasons.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KFS said:

Lukaku to Chelsea then. What the fvck is this league anymore. Let’s win the Europa and then I think I’m retiring. Boring

This is a bubble that will pop eventually and it'll take a lot of big names down when it does. Hang in there and things will reset before long. 

• Like 1

All very well selling Kane and spending sackloads, but acquiring high quality players and chucking them together is mixing it up considerably and doesn't carry a guarantee of success.

Just now, Vacamion said:

All very well selling Kane and spending sackloads, but acquiring high quality players and chucking them together is mixing it up considerably and doesn't carry a guarantee of success.

Yeah which is why I’m cautious of Villa. You could say it worked for Chelsea last season, however.

At least with our incoming players there seems to be method to the madness. 

Let’s see! 

2 hours ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

He is being paid £2,200 per hour, every hour...even when he is asleep. He can go to bed at midnight, get up at 8.00am and will be £16,000 richer.

If that is too much for you to get your head around, think of it like this: If he is just paid for the work he does i.e. playing for an hour and a half for say 50 times a season, his hourly rate becomes £4,933. DISGUSTING!

All this does is encourage other players to demand more and more money which in the long run is unsustainable. Eventually  professional football will implode on itself and hopefully we can get back to some sort of sanity.

By the way, which would you prefer, one Jack Grealish or a hundred Jamie Vardy's.....l know what my choice is.

Even the top players earning that is crazy imagine a guy like Grealish getting that. It’s the most sickening transfer in the history of football. I have no idea how Man C can justify that spend.

In a way I’m glad they spent it because they have spent massive on average and it’ll burn them in the long run.

Edited by jmono84

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Yeah which is why I’m cautious of Villa. You could say it worked for Chelsea last season, however.

At least with our incoming players there seems to be method to the madness. 

Let’s see! 

It didn’t work for Chelsea until they got a manager in who could organise them.  Nuno has a job on his hands at Spurs but clear they are spending the Kane money already …… 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Think Man City would have been better off signing Kane than Grealish

Looks to me like they are 

What about film stars ?? Or fantastic businessmen ??  If you excel in your field then the market pays you what you’re worth.  we could send this thread into Marxism v capitalism aswell ! 

• Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Kane out but that's a seriously good replacement.

Spurs saying he'll play alongside Kane.....hmmmm, heard that one before.

Some clubs are more clever in the market , Liverpool got Salah, Firmino and Mané for what they got for Coutinho and finally won the PL. Man City rarely make any big money sales. Sané is the only one I can think of.

I think you’re an order of magnitude out there.

He’s paid £15m a year for 75 hours’ work according to your example.

Thats £200,000 an hour.

29 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Kane out?

0FBD5451-740F-4DA5-B9D7-975A2DAB186E.jpeg

Fire sale at Inter then - Lukaku, Hakimi and Martinez. 

Shame they don’t have any wide players we might be interested in!

22 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Spurs saying he'll play alongside Kane.....hmmmm, heard that one before.

Exactly. 

Also, this level of spending really goes against Levy’s previous way of operating, unless they have money coming in. 

Makes a mockery of them getting a Government loan, in other words using taxpayer money when they’re spending over 100 million on Romero and Martinez.

Edited by lcfc_forever

54 minutes ago, Corky said:

I thing it going to be a odd season again, teams having to get use to crowds being back, lots of team effected by players returning late from the Euros.

I think if we can keep pace and be in the mix for top 4th, 5th or 6th with 5 games to go we have had an amazing season, win breeds winning.

Expect for CB our squad looks a lot stronger, the addition of Soumare, Daka, Bertrand, KDH improve us. 

Target should be try and get European football and go as deep as possible in the cups.