Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Newcastle sign Willock I see for £20million, good signing I think had a good loan spell there not too long ago and shows lots of potential. Again poor business from Arsenal, letting go of a good upcoming youngster. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Newcastle sign Willock I see for £20million, good signing I think had a good loan spell there not too long ago and shows lots of potential. Again poor business from Arsenal, letting go of a good upcoming youngster. 

Bringing in £20m for a player you don't want or need is great business in the current climate where many clubs are struggling to shift deadwood at all, let alone for decent money

Just now, Guest said:

Bringing in £20m for a player you don't want or need is great business in the current climate where many clubs are struggling to shift deadwood at all, let alone for decent money

Lets not hope there putting the money together from this deal to use to make huge late deal for Maddie. As usual Arsenal love to do business late on transfer deadline day.

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Lets not hope there putting the money together from this deal to use to make huge late deal for Maddie. As usual Arsenal love to do business late on transfer deadline day.

I doubt we'd let an important player leave that late in the day. I don't think they'll pay what we want, anyway.

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Kane to face time him from Man City training ground then 😂

FDCB2B86-6E51-446B-BE96-3695467A05AD.jpeg

I'm sorry but Nuno walking into Tottenham is like something out of a sitcom. He just seems a tragic figure. I can imagine Tottenham players just thinking he's a clown who won't last with the awful dressing room they have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm sorry but Nuno walking into Tottenham is like something out of a sitcom. He just seems a tragic figure. I can imagine Tottenham players just thinking he's a clown who won't last with the awful dressing room they have.

It cant feel good to be fifth choice for the job. 

Nuno is an effective manager.  He has a difficult job.  

There are ways he is like Mourinho.  Bit defensive.

It will be an interesting one to watch play out.  

I am minded to be mindlessly anti Spurs but was impressed by the way they supported Saka.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

It cant feel good to be fifth choice for the job. 

don't think he was even that. He was just the fifth person avalable they talked to. There would have been managers in jobs already like Rodgers above him in any hypothetical list.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

don't think he was even that. He was just the fifth person avalable they talked to. There would have been managers in jobs already like Rodgers above him in any hypothetical list.

I'd be interested to know who applied for job alongside Nuno... couldn't have a been a good list.

Big Sam

Eddie Howe

Chris Wilder

Probably Claudio did

Frank Lampard 

Be sure Sven would have applied

Interesting early running at oddschecker. It has a forged in steel top four this season. Citeh, Chelski, United and Liverpool. Then there is a ready cast 5th to 8th of Leicester City, Leeds, West Ham and Everton with Wolves the only possible interloper. No point turning out really, just hand out the prizes now.

3 hours ago, majaco said:

Nuno is an effective manager.  He has a difficult job.  

There are ways he is like Mourinho.  Bit defensive.

It will be an interesting one to watch play out.  

I am minded to be mindlessly anti Spurs but was impressed by the way they supported Saka.

Needs to get off to a good start, as he may struggle to get players to buy into his style/methods otherwise. It was an underwhelming appointment for them but if he starts well, that could definitely help. Starts poorly, and I think they could really struggle this season, especially if Kane goes which I think he will. 

18 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Interesting early running at oddschecker. It has a forged in steel top four this season. Citeh, Chelski, United and Liverpool. Then there is a ready cast 5th to 8th of Leicester City, Leeds, West Ham and Everton with Wolves the only possible interloper. No point turning out really, just hand out the prizes now.

Hard to look beyond the 4 massive spenders, but the last two seasons we have been mighty close… I’m not counting us out for sure 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Hard to look beyond the 4 massive spenders, but the last two seasons we have been mighty close… I’m not counting us out for sure 

I think if we sign a decent CB and Evans comes back and stays fit, on top of signing a RW, then we will be seriously pushing for 4th spot with 1 of the 4 big spenders likely to have an off season. 5th is more likely though considering all 4 have strengthened very well. 

As others have said, it will become a top 4 and not top 6 from now on and so I think our realistic aim will be to remain as "best of the rest"! 

• Like 1