Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

39 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Interesting early running at oddschecker. It has a forged in steel top four this season. Citeh, Chelski, United and Liverpool. Then there is a ready cast 5th to 8th of Leicester City, Leeds, West Ham and Everton with Wolves the only possible interloper. No point turning out really, just hand out the prizes now.

No north london even in the top 8? The times we live in :cool:

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Hard to look beyond the 4 massive spenders, but the last two seasons we have been mighty close… I’m not counting us out for sure 

Liverpool don't have much money and haven't spent much as far as I am aware, United have the Ollie at the wheel effect a lot of good players not used effectively as a team, Man City and Chelsea could both struggle to score. Top 4 is still a possibility if we can stay consistent. 

16 hours ago, Guest said:

Bringing in £20m for a player you don't want or need is great business in the current climate where many clubs are struggling to shift deadwood at all, let alone for decent money

They don't need him? He scored 8 goals in 14 games. That's probably a better ratio than any of the Arsenal main strikers. He's 21 with bags of potential. Arsenal are a team just floundering in a lack of identity and creativity (off the pitch) imo. Is £20mil even a good price for him? Any half decent team would bring him back, develop him and play him. If he keeps progressing you could even sell him in a year or two for double (if not treble) that amount. Not that you'd sell him then.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Am i the only person who thinks Leed's aren't a contender for the euro spots?lol

I'd be surprised. He is a great manager no doubt, but I think the intensity he demands from his players, will catch up with them eventually. They will concede a lot. 

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Am i the only person who thinks Leed's aren't a contender for the euro spots?lol

Nope I also agree! They aren’t good enough to finish above the likes of Arsenal / Spurs Top 10-12th place finish which is still pretty decent for them.

31 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

They don't need him? He scored 8 goals in 14 games. That's probably a better ratio than any of the Arsenal main strikers. He's 21 with bags of potential. Arsenal are a team just floundering in a lack of identity and creativity (off the pitch) imo. Is £20mil even a good price for him? Any half decent team would bring him back, develop him and play him. If he keeps progressing you could even sell him in a year or two for double (if not treble) that amount. Not that you'd sell him then.

Well it's not me that thinks they don't need him, it's them. I can't say I've seen anywhere near enough of him to say whether he's good enough for Arsenal or not, but obviously they think they have. £20-25m for a player who's started 12 league games for them is probably a winner in their eyes. Hypothetically, if we loaned Hamza out to a lower end Premier League team and he had a great season, I'd be happy to move him on for a good fee.

There's every chance they end up looking silly but in the current market where almost every team has to sell to buy, it makes sense. We know better than most how difficult it is to shift unwanted players - Ghezzal absolutely dominated the Turkish league last season and we're practically having to beg teams to take him off us.

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Leeds have a large, largely delusional fanbase who sway the betting odds. Last season they were placed, odds wise to hit top four for a while and stayed odds on for a European slot for a long time even when mid table. Leeds has a massive catchment area population with no real alternative, unless you rate Huddersfield Town, Doncaster Rovers, Bradford City or York Town?

Edited by Bazly

20 brentford 

19th Southampton 

18 Norwich 

17 Watford 

16 Newcastle 

15 Burnley 

14 Brighton 

13 palace 

12 wolves

11 villa 

10 leeds 

9 arsenal 

8 Everton 

7 west ham

6 spurs 

5 leicester 

4 united 

3 man $ity

2 Chelsea 

1 Liverpool 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NasPb said:

20 brentford 

19th Southampton 

18 Norwich 

17 Watford 

16 Newcastle 

15 Burnley 

14 Brighton 

13 palace 

12 wolves

11 villa 

10 leeds 

9 arsenal 

8 Everton 

7 west ham

6 spurs 

5 leicester 

4 united 

3 man $ity

2 Chelsea 

1 Liverpool 

To me it's basically 3 leagues of 4, 8 and 8. I'd agree with you on those groups, but differ in their ordering. Think man City will win it again, with or without Kane.

49 minutes ago, NasPb said:

20 brentford 

19th Southampton 

18 Norwich 

17 Watford 

16 Newcastle 

15 Burnley 

14 Brighton 

13 palace 

12 wolves

11 villa 

10 leeds 

9 arsenal 

8 Everton 

7 west ham

6 spurs 

5 leicester 

4 united 

3 man $ity

2 Chelsea 

1 Liverpool 

The football league.

Is upside down.

The football league is upside down!

Jesus fvcking christ I can't wait til eight weeks time when Grealish has barely had a kick, looked largely average surrounded by Man Citys vast array of talent, been outshone by Foden and I can go back to not seeing his face fvcking everywhere whenever I read the sports news. 

Good god. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cant say I have looked forward to a season less

Souless football,  pent up fans cause of covid, more VAR. 

People cant expect miracles , lets be real with the way big boys have spent its a cast iron top four. This summer has proven the minute you even remotely get near the big boys they just take your players again and again and again

the facup again is the hope but that aside I think we're look at a 2008 season with chelsea city united above 80 points and the top two above 90 like two years wouldn't surprise me.

Personally think Vards will give it one last year and then retire to america, and with him goes in a way the last of a type of footballer roy of the rovers type we will never see again. 

Edited by twister

I dont see Liverpool having that great of a season. Think we will be battling them and potentially Man U for top 3

Hard to see past Man City and Chelsea for top 2.

Assuming we play like we did I'm the previous 2 games, I can see us flying out of the gates and being in and around the top spot for the first 10-15 games.

Hopefully a stronger squad means we dont go into reverse like the past 2 seasons just as everyone else is accelerating 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, twister said:

Cant say I have looked forward to a season less

Souless football,  pent up fans cause of covid, more VAR. 

People cant expect miracles , lets be real with the way big boys have spent its a cast iron top four. This summer has proven the minute you even remotely get near the big boys they just take your players again and again and again

the facup again is the hope but that aside I think we're look at a 2008 season with chelsea city united above 80 points and the top two above 90 like two years wouldn't surprise me.

Personally think Vards will give it one last year and then retire to america, and with him goes in a way the last of a type of footballer roy of the rovers type we will never see again. 

This season is all about Europa for me. I’m excited for it. Prem fun is wearing off fast because of the knob fans and ‘big six’ spending spree

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Tammy Abraham going to Roma for £34m!

He does realise Mourinho is the manager there doesn't he?

Nah I don't think he's got a clue and someone needs to raise this to his attention. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Tammy Abraham going to Roma for £34m!

He does realise Mourinho is the manager there doesn't he?

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah I don't think he's got a clue and someone needs to raise this to his attention. 

Just slide into his DMs, I'm sure he'll appreciate the heads up.