Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

58 minutes ago, twister said:

Personally think Vards will give it one last year and then retire to america, and with him goes in a way the last of a type of footballer roy of the rovers type we will never see again. 

Nah, they periodically get thrown up... Life finds a way 😀

43 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Surprised people are writing off Brentford so early. I think they may surprise a few in this league. Their first game, against Arsenal, will be an interesting one to keep an eye on...

I think they'll be the surprise package personally. Could do a first season Sheffield United 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I think they'll be the surprise package personally. Could do a first season Sheffield United 

Toney scored more goals for them last season than Watkins did the year before, excited to see how he gets on.

They're gonna surprise a few. Their all-round game is more expansive than Sheff Utd - they're more like peak Prem-Era Bournemouth in terms of style, and the Cherries got on just fine.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Jesus fvcking christ I can't wait til eight weeks time when Grealish has barely had a kick, looked largely average surrounded by Man Citys vast array of talent, been outshone by Foden and I can go back to not seeing his face fvcking everywhere whenever I read the sports news. 

Good god. 

Careful what you wish for. The sports news will be asking what went wrong instead of ignoring it. 

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

20 brentford 

19th Southampton 

18 Norwich 

17 Watford 

16 Newcastle 

15 Burnley 

14 Brighton 

13 palace 

12 wolves

11 villa 

10 leeds 

9 arsenal 

8 Everton 

7 west ham

6 spurs 

5 leicester 

4 united 

3 man $ity

2 Chelsea 

1 Liverpool 

Putting them in that order from bottom to top is just wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Careful what you wish for. The sports news will be asking what went wrong instead of ignoring it. 

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

If you think Grealish being stuck in Pep’s Re-education Camp is going to result in media silence, you are SO out of luck  lol

GREALISH SITS, FANS SNIT   ₤100M talisman unused at Chelsea

PLAIN WHITE TEASE?   Pep hints Grealish may get rare start v Burnley

PLAY ME OR BRAID ME   Grealish’s platinum blond cornrows a “plea for attention”, says agent

FROZEN!!   Let him go, let him go, Pep

QATAR TO MIDNIGHT?   Is Jack Grealish running out of time to make the Three Lions squad?

ALICES IN WONDERBAND    Maddison bags yet again as Southgate warns idle Grealish, play or stay home

Narh I'm well aware they're going to have to get that out of their system but that's why I said eight or so weeks. I mean he's not likely to be starting straight off the bat, it'll give them a few weeks to realise and to write up the above before the news cycle moves on. 

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh I'm well aware they're going to have to get that out of their system but that's why I said eight or so weeks. I mean he's not likely to be starting straight off the bat, it'll give them a few weeks to realise and to write up the above before the news cycle moves on. 

Oh Finners, such optimism! 🥲

I think it may well go on longer than that I'm afraid. After the attention he got at the Euros, he's going to be centre of attention for some time. We can only hope the Kane situation escalates to eclipse it!

...or all just stop reading any sports media altogether, which to be honest sounds like a better shout.

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Very glass half empty view on things their mate. 

I'll give you the glass half full version for a bit of balance. We have a side that is playing some of the best football I've ever seen down city. Youri Tilemans is an artist who paint the most beautiful pictures with his feet. Ndidi is one of the best destroyers in the world. Harvey barnes is absolutely eleictric one the most exciting and direct player in the league and we've strenrghed the squad without losing anyone important. 

We are in Europe.... Don't know about you but that still excites me. The vaccine seems to be working across Europe so I will be going to city's and grounds in Europe I have never been to drinking fine European beers I've never drunk before.  All this after no live football for 18 months or whatever it was. 

I am honestly absolutely buzzing for the season. And if you want to talk about soulless football cast your mind back to the king power stadium 2004-2009.

You do give a good pep talk, Europe should be good,one things for sure for all the shiftiness in general of the modern game. The last five years with the clubs journey has shown you can have some romance in football still, just wonder with the sharks circling how long it can really last.

9 hours ago, twister said:

Cant say I have looked forward to a season less

Souless football,  pent up fans cause of covid, more VAR. 

People cant expect miracles , lets be real with the way big boys have spent its a cast iron top four. This summer has proven the minute you even remotely get near the big boys they just take your players again and again and again

the facup again is the hope but that aside I think we're look at a 2008 season with chelsea city united above 80 points and the top two above 90 like two years wouldn't surprise me.

Personally think Vards will give it one last year and then retire to america, and with him goes in a way the last of a type of footballer roy of the rovers type we will never see again. 

Hahahahaaa bloody hell Twister!

If anything last season was the one not to look forward to. Soulless football with no fans whilst we're all stuck at home eating frey bentos. We'd also just shown relegation form for the final third of the season and we'd barely made any signings. 

Anyway our match going fan base is mainly made up of old biddies and kids so I can't see much aggro off them this season so you needn't worry yourself mate 😂😂😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyway our match going fan base is mainly made up of old biddies and kids so I can't see much aggro off them this season so you needn't worry yourself mate

I don't know about that if anyone comes within spitting distance of me they'll wish they'd worn a mask or stayed at home.  :mad:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Tammy Abraham going to Roma for 34m. Not outlandish given fees for Watkins and Ings but makes me even happier with our purchase of Daka. 

Surprised no one has picked up Edouard yet and wonder where he will end up. 

Brighton have been mentioned 

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Tammy Abraham going to Roma for 34m. Not outlandish given fees for Watkins and Ings but makes me even happier with our purchase of Daka. 

Surprised no one has picked up Edouard yet and wonder where he will end up. 

Bit of Karma after he phoned it in last season.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I appreciate the sentiment but that's so hideous I'm not even sure Milktray would wear it. 

Yeah same, it's a bit OTT, but gets people talking I guess. Whether it gets them talking in the right way I'm not sure...