Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

He needs to move this summer for me. He’ll be 29 next year, big teams may have moved onto other targets and will be unwilling to pay the £250m release clause his brother will have masterfully negotiated.

Haaland becomes available next year, so he’ll be the in-demand forward. 

If I were Kane, unless you’re really that connected to Spurs and want to stay. I wouldn’t sign a new contract. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blabyboy said:

Why bother, it'll end up as being Alan Shearer just to keep his ego well massaged.

Nah Henry will win, any football vote Arsenal always come out in big numbers - it just means more to them, and reminds the rest of us they were once relevant.

So many instances of them winning public vote after public vote, it’s a little bit small time and a little bit embarrassing.

I've spent my lunchtime (and i'm blaming the incredibly high pollen levels I experienced whilst listening to the Radio Leicester FA Cup podcast yet again this morning) working out that whilst in 21 years (and a few months) i've seen Leicester win all three domestic trophies how long you would have to be alive for other clubs to achieve the same.

Aside from both Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea the next closest would be Leeds,  who won the League Cup in 1968, you would have to be just over 53 for it to have happened in your lifetime.

After that:-

Spuds 60 Years

Forest and Wolves 62 Years (Won the League and FA Cup in 1959)

Villa 64 Years

Sheffield Wednesday 91 years

Blackburn 93 years

West Brom 101 years

I might have missed someone and I  really thought Everton were going to be in there but they've never won the league cup apparently.

We have been incredibly lucky. :scarf:

• Like 3

A lot of predictions have Wolves down in the lower half. I dont know I just see them as a bit more of a threat this year. Jimenez returning is like a new signing for them. Very good player. If Trincao lives up to the hype, they'll be dangerous on the wings. I think Neves will have a better season too. Hopefully, they'll start off with a 5-0 drubbing but after that, I have them down to have a much better season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A lot of predictions have Wolves down in the lower half. I dont know I just see them as a bit more of a threat this year. Jimenez returning is like a new signing for them. Very good player. If Trincao lives up to the hype, they'll be dangerous on the wings. I think Neves will have a better season too. Hopefully, they'll start off with a 5-0 drubbing but after that, I have them down to have a much better season. 

I suspect Jimenez's impact will depend on how well he gets back to full speed and whether there's any confidence or physical issues. He's been out for a long time. But I agree I wouldn't write Wolves off, I don't think they'll be pushing top 6 but they'll make it difficult for teams who are (ie us). 

While Spurs are a clear laughingstock at the moment it's going to be interesting to see how Nuno and Lage do respectively. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Surely Arsenal aren’t going to spend over £30 million on Aaron Ramsdale. 

I think it seems as though they are.

What I would say about Ramsdale is that normally keepers with bad defences infant of them tend to look really good (Marshall at Cardiff immediately springs to mind). Ramsdale has managed to be in this position and still look completely useless lol

11 minutes ago, rachhere said:

It’s insane depth, but a challenge to manage at the same time. 

Watching them in UEFA SuperCup vs VillaReal  and though one nil up they aren’t looking too impressive...The Spanish have hit woodwork twice....As usual Werner doing very little up top other than make runs into space....They need Lusaka.