Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Yes! Thankyou! I hate arsenal as much as the next guy but that was just cringeworthy. Manager doing a walk around like they just won a European cup ffs.

Maybe more to do with the fact they never got to *properly* celebrate promotion with the fans. I'd have imagined they'd have done a lap tonight regardless.

Brentford haven't played a top flight game for 75 years, fans are back after 18 months and they've just beaten a big name team 2-0. They've got every right to celebrate. Are you telling me you wouldn't if you were in the same position?

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Absolutely no problem with the Brentfprd celebrations after the final whistle. Fans back in the stadium and their first game back in the prem. I'm sure they will harness that atmosphere and have a decent season

Yep. If you can't celebrate an opening home win like that, against a so called "Big 6" team then when can you?!! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Absolutely no problem with the Brentfprd celebrations after the final whistle. Fans back in the stadium and their first game back in the prem. I'm sure they will harness that atmosphere and have a decent season

The “Olés!” in the first half were hilarious, I gotta hand it to them. Haha

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brentford look like a class club. They actually remind me a bit like us! Hard to dislike, top bloke as a manager, some iconic players.

Well done to them! Can they stay up? Based on that yes they can! I think the tougher teams for them to play will probably be the more physical teams like Burnley, West Ham to a degree. But those sort of teams are fading away in the top flight so it might work in their favour. They remind me of Norwich when they came back up two seasons ago, but they seem to have more quality.

All that said, it is unbelievable how far Arsenal have fallen. Hard to imagine the Wenger era after a performance like that. So many poor players in that lineup.

They operate in a very similar way to us tbf, their recruitment process has been mentioned numerous times, comes across very Leicester like.

They are just an extremely likeable team, the character they show is what makes them enjoyable.

Hopefully they can stay up, out of the promoted teams I’d favour Brentford to have the better success, Norwich losing Buendia might harm them, while Watford’s recruitment has looked terrible.

Will be very interesting to see how their defence gets on, I see similarities to the Norwich that got promoted two season’s ago, especially going forward; however Norwich’s defence that season were so open. This Brentford defence have a steel about them, defenders like Jansson & Pinnock are the type who just love to defend, they could happily defend all night if you asked them to.

No point jumping the gun on them so early, but I think many opposition fans will hope they do well, purely on the basis of being extremely likeable.

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino

Having to listen to Brentford fans tap about how they’re the greatest footballing side to walk the planet for the last few years has been painfully laughable, watching them Stoke it tonight cements that joke. 

Arsenal are dire, be terrible if they were above end of the season

5 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol fast forward to when goals are scored troopzz blud

Imagine you live abroad and you found a load of guys who support your club so you go to the pub to watch them play and you have to spend it with that clown. Kinell.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I read the other day that in the last 10 seasons, promoted teams have only won 3 out of their 30 first games. 

Arsenal :facepalm:

Doesn’t that 3 include Hull City beating the reigning champions on the opening day? 👀 

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol fast forward to when goals are scored troopzz blud

lol

If anyone needs cheering up, I highly recommend watching from about 2hrs 03 mins to 2hrs 12 mins - genuinely hilarious.