Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

34 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yes - was a surprise to us too!

Weren't sure about the team selected but it paid off - some very strong performances and Dennis/Cucho with excellent goals.

Sarr gave Matt Targett nightmares 1st half so they moved Ashley Young back.

We tired somewhat towards the end and gave a silly injury time penalty away but held on.

Need to pick up early points as in November we basically have the top 6 from last season in a row..

:ph34r:

And Arsenal..

Congrats  on your win.

What all about this Graham Taylor day they have(It was on football focus)

Can you elaborate pls?

20 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Norwich come up to go straight down again by the looks of it, Pukki wasn’t good enough two years ago and looks like they’re relying on him again

He'll do well to keep them up, their squad is shocking. The likes of Grant Hanley still playing at the back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

You expect this from maybe Brentford or Palace or some smaller club, but this is the biggest club in England bragging about being top after 1 game, even when 16 of the 20 teams hadn't even played yet ffs

I'm willing to accept it may have been done with a sense of humour.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm willing to accept it may have been done with a sense of humour.

I'm usually decent at detecting sarcasm or humour but if they were being humorous it went over my head. 

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

You expect this from maybe Brentford or Palace or some smaller club, but this is the biggest club in England bragging about being top after 1 game, even when 16 of the 20 teams hadn't even played yet ffs

Wow they’re a joke 

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

The kind of thing Southampton did last year after topping the league for the first time ever.

They fell off a cliff after that. Hopefully, the same happens to Man Utd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Congrats  on your win.

What all about this Graham Taylor day they have(It was on football focus)

Can you elaborate pls?

Just to celebrate his life really with applause in the 72nd minute and scarves are usually held up but not many today as it wasn’t really the weather for such items !

We did it v Villa as he was well liked there too.

• Like 3

I don't know what Arsenal's goal is any more. A few years ago, top four, CL qualification, maybe go on a cup run. And it made sense given their recruitment and managers. They shot high enough to be in the mix but never actually threaten to win the league or the CL. Now what are they? Their recruitment and manager are mid-table fodder at best. There's seemingly no attempt at competing to get back in the top 4 any more. They're still considered a big side but I wonder how long that lasts (outside of historical framing). A lot of their money coming from sponsorship and foreign supporters. But presumable that can't last for ever if they keep finishing in mid-table (or even worse). 

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

His time as England manager was bloody awful (Carlton, CARLTON! Can we not kick it?).

But he did so much for Watford and built a wonderful side there.

Personally, I mainly remember him as Villa manager.

He was a fantastic broadcaster and I loved listening to his opinions. He really grew on me and his love of football came across to the fans.

He was a very likeable person and deserves to be celebrated. 

It would be very harsh to remember him as just an England manager that failed. There's been plenty of those.

Yes I don’t think anyone can deny his spell at England wasn’t great .

Mimd you no one gets much praise in that job !

Southgate has got us to a semi final and final but still feel there is a negative view of him .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

I don't know what Arsenal's goal is any more. A few years ago, top four, CL qualification, maybe go on a cup run. And it made sense given their recruitment and managers. They shot high enough to be in the mix but never actually threaten to win the league or the CL. Now what are they? Their recruitment and manager are mid-table fodder at best. There's seemingly no attempt at competing to get back in the top 4 any more. They're still considered a big side but I wonder how long that lasts (outside of historical framing). A lot of their money coming from sponsorship and foreign supporters. But presumable that can't last for ever if they keep finishing in mid-table (or even worse). 

Now saying they're willing to sell Aubameyang too I think.