Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't understand Lingard, at West Ham he would be playing with this talented West Ham side for 90 mins, but prefers just sitting on the bench in the Man U squad

Doubt it’s all his decision to be fair. Don’t think United would want to sell him to anyone that could rival them this season. 

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't understand Lingard, at West Ham he would be playing with this talented West Ham side for 90 mins, but prefers just sitting on the bench in the Man U squad

West Ham can't afford him!

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Can you imagine Maddison and Perez against this lot?...

Men against Boys 😥

They will be bullied for 60 minutes, and then taken off. 

• Like 1

The whole Souness/ Pogba thing is really dull. Souness is bad enough for seemingly playing up to it and the constant remarks every time Pogba does something well about Souness complaining about him on Twitter are equally as tedious.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

not really a surprise as he’s only had one days training since he got back …….

They wouldn’t risk an injury - what if Man City do go to £140m ?

Reckon Spurs was always going to sell just didn’t want him to line up against them in both games this season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

btw, I didn’t think it was a pen at the time but I’m glad it wasn’t overturned because there is some doubt and we now go with the on field call.  Hopefully this means that only howlers (in both directions) will be subject to var reviews …

There wasn’t any doubt, it just isn’t a penalty they both touched the ball at the same time, there was no actual body contact between them

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Another long hard season for the Magpies and quite possibly relegation fodder after this result. Be nice to see a "big" club go down.

Did you watch  the game? They actually looked quite decent. West ham are a quality team and will do this to a lot of sides. (They did it to us twice last season) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Murphy didn’t seem to think so - he never queried the call at all ??

Since when did players querying a call ever change it? It is abundantly clear there was no body contact between the players in the replays

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Since when did players querying a call ever change it? It is abundantly clear there was no body contact between the players in the replays

Well if I’m reffing and giving a pen and the guy I’ve given it against doesn’t react to my decision then that affects my confidence in my call when discussing it with the var.  if the guy comes up to me quite forcefully and says that ‘no way was it a pen - you need to check that on the screen’ then maybe I’m minded to think about it and ask the var to check closely if I’ve made a clear error. 

Guest StevieLynex
18 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Another long hard season for the Magpies and quite possibly relegation fodder after this result. Be nice to see a "big" club go down.

Arsenal are in the front runners for this

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Only one match away from no draws in the opening weekend.  When was the last time that happened, I wonder?

Last season had 8 matches on the opening weekend- all 8 had a result either way. The two games that were moved to later in the season both had victors so technically all the opening matches last season didn't include a draw.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well if I’m reffing and giving a pen and the guy I’ve given it against doesn’t react to my decision then that affects my confidence in my call when discussing it with the var.  if the guy comes up to me quite forcefully and says that ‘no way was it a pen - you need to check that on the screen’ then maybe I’m minded to think about it and ask the var to check closely if I’ve made a clear error. 

But why react if it’s pointless The VAR should be pointing out that there wasn’t actually any body contact between the players and the only contact was with the ball 

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Bert said:

The bullshit managers have to come out with when their player is close to leaving is painful. 

Why do they all have to lie. Why not be open and honest? What difference does it make if,say, Rodgers say we are looking for a winger and are currently in discussions with x club over y player. I think that the footballing network is such that most clubs know what others are up to

Just now, StevieLynex said:

Why do they all have to lie. Why not be open and honest? What difference does it make if,say, Rodgers say we are looking for a winger and are currently in discussions with x club over y player. I think that the footballing network is such that most clubs know what others are up to

I think it’s different with transfers in that sense when it comes to discussions you don’t want clubs hijacking moves. But in this instance when the only destination is going to be Man City and it’s so obvious is annoying. 

Is he the only England player from the euros that hasn’t featured in a squad this weekend?