Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Grealish is just another player at Man City at Villa the guy was an icon a bit like Vardy if he had gone to Arsenal now he will be remembered forever.

Money talks though in this day and age for the majority 

Not just money though tbf. He's gone to club that will challenge for the league, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Mulling over whether to go to brighton or palace ……

is the view at palace a bit crappy for a 10 y o ?   It’s a long time since I’ve been there ….

At back it can be but it's alright if you get middle/nearer front.

I've been several times and only got stuck at back once.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

He also stayed for two seasons with us after the title win. It was a shame that his talents were wasted during that period when we were really poor - that was not his fault.

I have to disagree with this. His motivation had completely gone. He was almost like a different player for large periods of those last two seasons, even when we were playing well.

That's why I'd be against him coming back under any circumstances. We wouldn't be getting the 15/16 Mahrez who was the best player in the league at that time. We'd be getting a sulking passenger who thinks he's too big to play for us.

He was undoubtedly one of the best players we've had and I'll give him the credit he deserves but let's not rewrite history. 

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not just money though tbf. He's gone to club that will challenge for the league, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League.

Let's be honest. players are mainly interested in money (as we would be, if we were in their shoes). 'Winning trophies' is just to keep the fans happy

27 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Disagree, it's what they helped the club achieve. Without Mahrez, we would never have won the Premier League. 

Also disagree but guess we will have to agree to disagree!

One player alone didn't and wouldn't win the league, the team and manager, backroom staff and previous back room staff did. I wish he had stayed HD could have won trophies with us, competed in Champions leagues, and played a lot more football instead of bench warming, then he would be a legend. We have a good project here, a team where you can play weekly and win something. I think players are starting to see that now. A club on the up. 

Mahrez may well have been rotting somewhere in the French league had Pearson and the club not taken a risk in bringing him here. The first year or so he looked very lightweight, the club did a lot of work with him. 

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I have to disagree with this. His motivation had completely gone. He was almost like a different player for large periods of those last two seasons, even when we were playing well.

That's why I'd be against him coming back under any circumstances. We wouldn't be getting the 15/16 Mahrez who was the best player in the league at that time. We'd be getting a sulking passenger who thinks he's too big to play for us.

He was undoubtedly one of the best players we've had and I'll give him the credit he deserves but let's not rewrite history. 

Still head and shoulders above anyone, apart from Vardy possibly, in our squad

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Let's be honest. players are mainly interested in money (as we would be, if we were in their shoes). 'Winning trophies' is just to keep the fans happy

I highly doubt professional footballers don't want to win trophies.

But as I said other day, players can't win. If Grealish stayed at Villa and won fvck all then everybody would take the piss out of it.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Also disagree but guess we will have to agree to disagree!

One player alone didn't and wouldn't win the league, the team and manager, backroom staff and previous back room staff did. I wish he had stayed HD could have won trophies with us, competed in Champions leagues, and played a lot more football instead of bench warming, then he would be a legend. We have a good project here, a team where you can play weekly and win something. I think players are starting to see that now. A club on the up. 

Mahrez may well have been rotting somewhere in the French league had Pearson and the club not taken a risk in bringing him here. The first year or so he looked very lightweight, the club did a lot of work with him. 

Points well made, but no -one can give players the raw talent they possess - this is natural ability, not man made

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I highly doubt professional footballers don't want to win trophies.

But as I said other day, players can't win. If Grealish stayed at Villa and won fvck all then everybody would take the piss out of it.

Players who go the 'big' clubs will, by deafault, win trophies because money talks and they have the best players around. It's no great achievement, but it helps their profile to be 'winning trophies'.Wonder whether Kane will get to experience this feeling this season

26 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Oh come off it. Man City is a quality move for him, can hardly blame him. 

I'm not blaming him he wants to win trophies, just saying he won't be held in the same regard as he would at villa because of all the talent Man City

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

Oh look, Ederson unable to make a decent save when asked. There's a surprise.

Bloke is the most overhyped player in premier League history.

Does a few things very well like coming for crosses and his distribution of course.

Ask him to make a save and he can't. 

Fraud.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Nod.E said:

Oh look, Ederson unable to make a decent save when asked. There's a surprise.

Bloke is the most overhyped player in premier League history.

Does a few things very well like coming for crosses and his distribution of course.

Ask him to make a save and he can't. 

Fraud.

Allison isn't too far off either. Remember the hype over De Gea - he's dreadful

31 minutes ago, Bert said:

He most certainly is a club legend. People are quick to be blinded because they’re upset someone’s left. It’s football it happens. Plenty of people on here regard Cambiasso as a club legend, yet didn’t do anywhere near as much as Mahrez did for us. 

People throw the word legend around too easily these days, Cambiasso also not a legend. 

To me anyone who ****s off for more money at the first opportunity is a greedy bellend not a legend, but that's just me I guess. I have no interest in players who think they are better or bigger than my club. Kante is a fantastic player, world class and a top bloke but he is not a Leicester Legend. A legend is someone who give their all, their life to the club, puts their body on the line, even if they are not technically that good. Vardy, Schmeichel and Morgan are Legends in the current crop. 

Sadly legends are a dying breed. 

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

People throw the word legend around too easily these days, Cambiasso also not a legend. 

To me anyone who ****s off for more money at the first opportunity is a greedy bellend not a legend, but that's just me I guess. I have no interest in players who think they are better or bigger than my club. Kante is a fantastic player, world class and a top bloke but he is not a Leicester Legend. A legend is someone who give their all, their life to the club, puts their body on the line, even if they are not technically that good. Vardy, Schmeichel and Morgan are Legends in the current crop. 

Sadly legends are a dying breed. 

Kante is more of a legend than Matt Elliott or Steve Walsh

14 minutes ago, Danizen said:

This is on the money and why a large portion of our fanbase have a sour taste about him. 

It was apathy and a bad attitude. Which is really incredible considering the role we played for him.

He was entitled to feel aggrieved but to not give his best, coupled with the parting shots, showed a real lack of humility and awareness of his position. 

11 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Points well made, but no -one can give players the raw talent they possess - this is natural ability, not man made

He had raw talent no doubt. The first few games I saw him he was easily brushed aside by some thuggish championship defenders! I think Pearson and and Shakespeare worked on him to give the strength to play in the English game. He is no doubt a fantastic player and a joy to watch on his day.

5 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Kante is more of a legend than Matt Elliott or Steve Walsh

For me he isn't. Andy King is a Legend, he was here when we were shit, he could have moved but stayed, won the lot with us, despite being a slightly better than average midfielder.

I think we are misunderstanding the word and meaning of legend, a legend might not necessarily be the best. The others are fantastic talents no doubt, but if you spend only one year at LCFC you are not a legend here in my view.

A legend status comes in time with a prolonged period of success hence Schmeichel, Morgan, Vardy. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1