Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

55 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Also disagree but guess we will have to agree to disagree!

One player alone didn't and wouldn't win the league, the team and manager, backroom staff and previous back room staff did. I wish he had stayed HD could have won trophies with us, competed in Champions leagues, and played a lot more football instead of bench warming, then he would be a legend. We have a good project here, a team where you can play weekly and win something. I think players are starting to see that now. A club on the up. 

Mahrez may well have been rotting somewhere in the French league had Pearson and the club not taken a risk in bringing him here. The first year or so he looked very lightweight, the club did a lot of work with him. 

You think without Mahrez we would still have won the league? :nigel:

10 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Hope Nuno gets a lot of credit for that. About fifth choice and he schools Guardiola with a lesson in football tactics.

Defensive manager sticks men behind the ball and gets a 1-0 smash and grab playing on the counter 'a tactical masterclass' zzzzz....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Defensive manager sticks men behind the ball and gets a 1-0 smash and grab playing on the counter 'a tactical masterclass' zzzzz....

you clearly don't understand football if you don't think Nuno wasn't linking Kane to Man City himself so he could play Berwijn out wide to play Son through the middle who linked up to school Ake who Nuno ensured would play and so win the game. Nuno playing 4d chess while The Bald Fraud is stuck playing Kerplunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

You sound like a Manchester City player.

Not at all, I have no problem with it but fed up of hearing defending deep and having a threat on the counter as a 'tactical masterclass' no it's a style of play just like keeping possession or using long balls. 

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

you clearly don't understand football if you don't think Nuno wasn't linking Kane to Man City himself so he could play Berwijn out wide to play Son through the middle who linked up to school Ake who Nuno ensured would play and so win the game. Nuno playing 4d chess while The Bald Fraud is stuck playing Kerplunk.

Sure but Nuno will be struggling to break down the Burnley's of the world while Pep runs away with the league again.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
Missed the sarcasm in your post...

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Spurs players getting a standing ovation from a still full stadium at the end of an impressive 1-0 home win

Leicester players walking round clapping to a half full(at best) after a 1-0 home win. 

Fuching embarrassing 

I do find it somewhat hilarious that beating the traffic is the most important part of a lot of peoples day, but hey that’s just me. 

• Like 2

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
14 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

You think without Mahrez we would still have won the league? :nigel:

The best way to describe it is whenever talking about Mahrez, Kante or Vardy, they weren't the reason we won the league but without them we would never have won it

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Manager who spends outrageous amounts of money everywhere he's been, unsetting opposition players, buying up any decent opposition players so there is no competition or threat and loses 1-0. Masterclass zzzzz.....

I forgot, Tottenham probably didn't play the way Man City wanted them to play though :doh: :rolleyes:

I've got no problem with defensive smash and grabs you do what you have to do to make it difficult for the opposition, that is the way to play against Man City, how often is it succesful against them? I'd say fairly successful if done well.

And do you know what i'd rather see that than 50+ sideways and backwards passes in the Man City style.

I posed the question a few weeks ago but I think I seen on twitter earlier the Man City starting 11 cost something like £550m, with another £350m on the bench, it's the first game of the season but are they even that good (Of course they're good in terms of individual players at their disposal) but are they actually that much further ahead than everyone else? I'd have to say no. I'd expect invincible levels, going the whole season unbeaten, winning every game and maybe even without conceding with that much outlay.

Through gritted teeth i'd even have to say Liverpool have achieved and been more impressive than Man City by their unbeaten runs on a far more modest (in comparison) budget.

Its more the case of "We'll buy anyone that poses a threat to us simply so you are no longer a threat to us and/or no-one else can have them" when it comes to Man City.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Did you watch the game? Cos that didn’t happen man

Guest StevieLynex
24 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I do find it somewhat hilarious that beating the traffic is the most important part of a lot of peoples day, but hey that’s just me. 

Easy for you to say when you at home at 4.45pm, and the rest of us struggle to make it before six

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Spurs couldn't win a trophy with Kane in the team, have a feeling Spurs going to win something this season while Kane with Man City will get to finals but win nothing

They're gonna start calling it the Kane Curse if he does go and Man City's trophies dry up. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Spurs couldn't win a trophy with Kane in the team, have a feeling Spurs going to win something this season while Kane with Man City will get to finals but win nothing

Kane has averaged 22 goals a season for the past four years.The fact that Spurs haven't won anything in that time is more about  the other players than him. Where are they going to find a replacement who will score the same number? It's a bit like blaming Vardy for us failing to quality for the last two Champions's Leagues, and then claiming that if he left we might do so.