Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Easy for you to say when you at home at 4.45pm, and the rest of us struggle to make it before six

I come up from Bristol so that argument is irrelevant to me. 
Listen, each to their own I have no interest in debating it. 

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Nuno will do ok there, he's not an egomaniac like Mourinho and will get on with the job quietly.

He'll finish mid-table , with Spurs scoring 34 goals and conceding 39

19 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Of course they got a standing ovation, they had just beaten the reigning champions without there talisman. You can't compare that with our winning but mediocre performance.

Leicester boys are we

We always back the lads

Right?? 

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Did you watch the game? Cos that didn’t happen man

No, I'll admit I'm basing this on Wolves matches and Spurs under Mourinho... And to @Matt I'm all for a smash and grab but it's no more of a tactical masterclass than watching a more expansive manager successfully break down a parked bus whilst staying solid at the back. Yet you only hear it used in that context.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, TJB-fox said:

I come up from Bristol so that argument is irrelevant to me. 
Listen, each to their own I have no interest in debating it. 

I was joking that you were one of those who left earlylol

37 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Spurs players getting a standing ovation from a still full stadium at the end of an impressive 1-0 home win

Leicester players walking round clapping to a half full(at best) after a 1-0 home win. 

Fuching embarrassing 

Probably because most of our supporters were in the toilets changing their pants by full time. We had just spent the best part of 30 minutes watching our players hang on for dear life....

Some times the performance on the pitch is what motivates the crowd. Spurs were flying in to every tackle, giving 110%, of course its going to rile up their fans more than us having to watch Armatey do his best get a Wolves Assist....Also their managers first PL game....

Edited by adejo92

Guest StevieLynex
30 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

The best way to describe it is whenever talking about Mahrez, Kante or Vardy, they weren't the reason we won the league but without them we would never have won it

If we had Josh Low, Junior Lewis and Carl Cort instead of these, I'm sure we would have won the league that year

Guest StevieLynex
38 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Spurs players getting a standing ovation from a still full stadium at the end of an impressive 1-0 home win

Leicester players walking round clapping to a half full(at best) after a 1-0 home win. 

Fuching embarrassing 

Level of expectations - standard victory for us, what's to celebrate. Spurs have no inkling of what it's like to win anything, so why not celebrate as if you have won the Champions League

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Paninistickers said:

Tbh, I think he'll get a tune out of them. 

They'll be pushing for 5th (i thought that pre match) 

They are a 'big' side of sorts, no doubt and the stadium is magnificient, but they will miss Kane badly

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Hollyfox said:

When the boys are under the cosh, they need our backing. 

Leaving after 85 minutes whilst 1-0 up and backs to the wall stuff isn't good, is it?

Is there a code of conduct that obliges every fan to stay to the bitter end of very game?

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, I'll admit I'm basing this on Wolves matches and Spurs under Mourinho... And to @Matt I'm all for a smash and grab but it's no more of a tactical masterclass than watching a more expansive manager successfully break down a parked bus whilst staying solid at the back. Yet you only hear it used in that context.

I think this is a case of middle ground being needed, you're against constant defensive smash and grabs, i'm against pointless sideways possession based football without it getting anywhere. You hear one thing I heard the other but I beg to differ with your "Yet you only hear it used in that context" comment, how often are we told "possession based football is the way the game should be played" or "If you're bored of watching Man City you're bored of football" even as much as "If you don't like Man City, you don't like football" (As I quote Jamie Redknapp). There's some middle ground to be found in both our arguments

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

When the boys are under the cosh, they need our backing. 

Leaving after 85 minutes whilst 1-0 up and backs to the wall stuff isn't good, is it?

There will always be the ones that stay until the end, and there will always be those that leave early to beat the traffic or other reasons. I think this argument / opinion comes up more than once a season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Of course they got a standing ovation, they had just beaten the reigning champions without there talisman. You can't compare that with our winning but mediocre performance.

I'm willing to bet you, that if we beat Man City in a few weeks time, loads of our fans will have fuched of, by the time the players walk round to show their appreciation 

6 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I'm willing to bet you, that if we beat Man City in a few weeks time, loads of our fans will have fuched of, by the time the players walk round to show their appreciation 

Who gives a fvck really though. Must only be our club where fans want to know why others have left. 

Players like to congratulate each other first before going round the ground anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

You think without Mahrez we would still have won the league? :nigel:

You think with just Mahrez we would have won the league? :nigel: 

Possibly not... but irrelevant and hypothetical either way because we did have him, we won the league as a team.

My point is he is not a club legend in my view. He a excellent player who used to play for us that's it. Others can think what they like but I think if you look at the definition of legend it doesn't really fit. 

Football is a team game, no one player is bigger than my club. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Level of expectations - standard victory for us, what's to celebrate. Spurs have no inkling of what it's like to win anything, so why not celebrate as if you have won the Champions League

Didn’t they beat us in the league cup in 99

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think this is a case of middle ground being needed, you're against constant defensive smash and grabs, i'm against pointless sideways possession based football without it getting anywhere. You hear one thing I heard the other but I beg to differ with your "Yet you only hear it used in that context" comment, how often are we told "possession based football is the way the game should be played" or "If you're bored of watching Man City you're bored of football" even as much as "If you don't like Man City, you don't like football" (As I quote Jamie Redknapp). There's some middle ground to be found in both our arguments

Never play the way Man.City want you to play. Man Utd.  showed the way last  season . They sat back , tied them up and grabbed the winner, City hadn't a clue what to do. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Never play the way Man.City want you to play. Man Utd.  showed the way last  season . They sat back , tied them up and grabbed the winner, City hadn't a clue what to do. 

Man City and Liverpool players and management have both been guilty of literally bemoaning opposition and I quote of "Not playing how we wanted them to play".

It's beyond me why they'd even say that, surely that is the idea, you make it tough for the opposition and give yourself the best chance of getting something out of the game.

• Like 2