Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 hours ago, Goober said:

Pretty amazed Moyes has had such a resurgence at West Ham. Thought he was finished.

They've got a really nice side 

If he was available ånd we needed a manager i still wouldn't want him anywhere near City. 

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh here we fvcking go. 

One game back. One bloody game. ALREADY we're on to "you're not supporting Leicester properly, do it more like me, I'm a real fan."

The second we're allowed back. 

But Finners, they used the word 'embarrassing', which means they're propah.

51 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh here we fvcking go. 

One game back. One bloody game. ALREADY we're on to "you're not supporting Leicester properly, do it more like me, I'm a real fan."

The second we're allowed back. 

I think it was pretty poor from the Leicester fans to not show their appreciation for what has been a very successful time on the pitch, regarding trophies and the 18 month lack of being able to attend. 

It would have been the same if Fuchs, Morgan, King etc would have been able to say goodbye to a home crowd, without restricted numbers. 

Loads would have cleared off at FT without giving them a proper send off. 

My opinion and you're fully entitled to yours👍

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

One thing I will say. 18 months of no live football and thousands of people desperate to beat the traffic.

Nothing is more important in life than avoiding traffic 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Think people forget that 14k went to either the cup final or the spurs game - half of our home crowd. Therefore it wasn't their first game back. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the other half all leaving early to bEaT tHe TrAfFiC either.

26 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Think people forget that 14k went to either the cup final or the spurs game - half of our home crowd. Therefore it wasn't their first game back. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the other half all leaving early to bEaT tHe TrAfFiC either.

It's not something I've done (at least not with any regularity) but beating the traffic can mean someone gets home for 6 as opposed to 7. At the end of the day, it's still a saturday evening during the summer. People are allowed to enjoy other things outside of football.

3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Wolves forum are saying their fans were singing all game and ours barely a ripple can anyone there give us an idea of the truth? Quite a few damming of our support on there. I watched on tv as abroad and it’s hard to tell on there.

I thought we were good for about 10 mins. They were decent until we scored. Then both sets of fans were poor. I was disappointed with our lot given the context. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Wolves forum are saying their fans were singing all game and ours barely a ripple can anyone there give us an idea of the truth? Quite a few damming of our support on there. I watched on tv as abroad and it’s hard to tell on there.

I must admit I thought we sounded poor. But I’m a plastic whom couldn’t attend. So I probably know nothing. Lol. Damn the NHS and COVID. 

7 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

They were decent enough until we scored and I didn’t hear a single thing from them until the last 5 minutes or so.

We were predictably poor though.

I normally sit in SK2 but this season have started to take my 3 year old and mrs so try and get ticks wherever we can because they are only members.

Sat in P block on Saturday right next to Wolves and they were noisy but nothing special. I’m normally well noisy in SK2 but because I’m with my kid I don’t wanna scare her away from coming so I turned it down to about a 2-3 when I’m normally about 8-9.

There were loads of young fans in P block so I imagine most parents have the same idea as me.

5 minutes ago, marbles said:

There was a stretch of several minutes where all you heard were the Wolves supporters making noise.

TV commentators even commented about the lack of anything from the Leicester supporters.

Yeah they were singing about their manager for 5-10 minutes until our goal but for the other 85 were nothing special.

Home atmosphere was very poor considering it’s the opening day and the first full capacity home game since last spring, a sign of changing expectations perhaps.

Wolves fans were good for a bit as you'd expect after 18 months away, as soon as we scored they completely shut up until about the 85th when they thought they might get a goal. Our crowd wasn't great but wasn't awful - I think this is more a case of Wolves fans convincing themselves that they've got some kind of away support that is different and superior to anybody else's. They weren't the loudest to ever come to the KP but weren't the quietest - they also did not get any points 

• Like 1

We have all I’m sure been in some epic away ends in the past and the day out lends itself to a raucous occasion normally. As per our home fans, someone hit it perfectly on the head , expectation , and as we know from some of the big boys that tends to dampen the crowd. Spurs were incredibly noisy yesterday because the didn’t expect to win , the newly promoted clubs happy to be at the party.

what’s the answer? I for one have no idea! 

30 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Both were shit. They sang for about 2 minutes at the start, 2 minutes on the half hour mark and 2 minutes when they were pushing for an equaliser. If that's the bench mark for support I cant imagine anyone wouldn't meet it. 

Then on the way out their fans were trying to scrap each other outside the bus which was probably the most animated they were all game. 

• Haha 1