Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

We have all I’m sure been in some epic away ends in the past and the day out lends itself to a raucous occasion normally. As per our home fans, someone hit it perfectly on the head , expectation , and as we know from some of the big boys that tends to dampen the crowd. Spurs were incredibly noisy yesterday because the didn’t expect to win , the newly promoted clubs happy to be at the party.

what’s the answer? I for one have no idea! 

Better apply to join the Superleague :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, NasPb said:

It's a shame the king power wasn't rocking yesterday. I'd love for us to get back to our 14/15 and championship days. Too many old folk tbh

Nothing to do with the old folk imo, we live in a generation of fans joining in with the odd song here and there yet spending the rest of the time on a phone taking pictures, checking bets, other scores etc... 

The whole togetherness of being as one has long been gone given the exception of the great escape season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

This Kane saga is getting boring now, Kane if you want out of Spurs hand in a transfer request…

Lets be fair..It aint Kane.!

its the Set up of modern-media, main-stream, & all these Micro-media London platforms,that Ping Off each other...

Ditto on Madison...or many other decent PL players put up for transfer-rumour-bait..

they create a rumour,that is no serious rumour, just Jack-asses Chasing youtube/Tooth- forums/Blogs dreams..

Then Main-Stream Bounce off it, because Chav-Journalism is the modern-way...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If they were actually parading the trophies and announced such or were giving a lap of honour for Wes and, again, had said that and asked people to stay in their seats and show their appreciation - they would have. 

But it was a mediocre Premier League fixture and routine win against a mid table side. There was a clap and a cheer then people went on with their lives. 

Look, you built up Saturday to be a bigger occasion than it was to most people. That's on you, not them. Lambasting the rest of the support as embarrassing for not meeting your standards is on you, not them. 

FFS, just a couple of days ago this place was taking the piss out of Thomas Frank and Brentford and calling them cringey for celebrating their first ever Premier League win, against local giants Arsenal, on their first ever game back. 

Now that was an occasion. 

I certainly wouldn't have a go at Brentford or Thomas Frank for last Friday. 

An utterly superb occasion for a team that's played some brilliant football, suffered play off heartache, lost top players and bounced back to get to the prem. 

Much like ourselves, they came up after a few attempts and fully deserve their opportunity. 

I also wouldn't call our meeting on Saturday as a mediocre fixture. 

New season, a good start needed, midland opposition, 18 months since many have had the chance to attend, new players to welcome and regrets that others weren't there. 

Probably like many others, I've missed going to games, so Saturday was a huge day for me and even though the game itself wasn't a classic, the occasion was anything other than mediocre. 

5th place finish, FA Cup and Community Shield winners and our 1st chance to show our appreciation, it was pretty poor imo. 

Each to their own though 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Nothing to do with the old folk imo, we live in a generation of fans joining in with the odd song here and there yet spending the rest of the time on a phone taking pictures, checking bets, other scores etc... 

The whole togetherness of being as one has long been gone given the exception of the great escape season. 

yeah us old 'uns don't know how to do that stuff. As far as i know tic-toc is something that a clock does.

Seriously though i do think you have hit the nail there. really cannot understand people who go to a game and watch it through the camera on their phone.

Back in the day, there was always one or two with a radio who would relay scores from rivals during critical games, which tbf, did add to the excitement when a buzz went around the ground that other results were going our way.

Maybe it is also down to the fact that some of the chants and songs are trying to be too clever, and some probably do not even know the tunes? (see new songs and chants thread and you will get the idea).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Arsenal fans seem to think they’re getting Conte. 

It would be a seriously massive and unlikely turn around in Conte's track record for him to agree to move there. 

Unless, of course, all these rumours linking Arsenal to all and sundry is because they genuinely do have a lot of money to spend. 

I'd have thought that's hugely unlikely. 

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

One thing I will say. 18 months of no live football and thousands of people desperate to beat the traffic.

Nothing is more important in life than avoiding traffic 🤣🤣🤣

Same happened after we'd won the community shield, some popping out minute full time went rather than celebrate the trophy lift 

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Oh here we fvcking go. 

One game back. One bloody game. ALREADY we're on to "you're not supporting Leicester properly, do it more like me, I'm a real fan."

The second we're allowed back. 

Agreed. We're just being knocked for any little thing now.

Can't everyone just be pleased to be back for five or six games before micro-analysing what we do (and inevitably compare it unfavourably to every other team)?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Arsenal fans seem to think they’re getting Conte. 

Not the craziest thing. There's only so long they can keep making mistakes for.

However.... not sure he'd want to go anywhere near them without 4 or 5 big signings.

This is the man who turned Marcos Alonso and a few other average Chelsea players into Premier League winners though...

On 14/08/2021 at 21:35, Koke said:

You expect this from maybe Brentford or Palace or some smaller club, but this is the biggest club in England bragging about being top after 1 game, even when 16 of the 20 teams hadn't even played yet ffs

Haha I've just seen this. That really is unbelievably embarrassing. Like a parody of themselves.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Wolves forum are saying their fans were singing all game and ours barely a ripple can anyone there give us an idea of the truth? Quite a few damming of our support on there. I watched on tv as abroad and it’s hard to tell on there.

They weren't anything special and in all honesty I've heard better from them in previous seasons. Well followed club though, always take followings.

9 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Wolves forum are saying their fans were singing all game and ours barely a ripple can anyone there give us an idea of the truth? Quite a few damming of our support on there. I watched on tv as abroad and it’s hard to tell on there.

Could barely hear them from the Kop but then I'd already been deafened by the pre-match racket. 

I read some Wolves fans saying how they heard 'Bruno had a dream' over the Internet waves until it was pointed out it was Leicester fans singing their own version. 

It seems that all away fans think they are incredibly loud when they come to our place but usually can barely be heard outside of their corner. Just the way it is. 

10 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

One thing I will say. 18 months of no live football and thousands of people desperate to beat the traffic.

Nothing is more important in life than avoiding traffic 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry to be 'that guy' in posting this, but someone may have a perfectly valid reason to leave early (such as attending to a family member who's seriously unwell etc.).

Edited by Wymsey

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Sorry to be 'that guy' in posting this, but someone may have a perfectly valid reason to leave early (such as attending to a family member who's seriously unwell etc.).

All 10,000 of them?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Of course not, but you can't really tar them all with the same brush etc.

I guarantee you 95% of them were avoiding traffic.

On 15/08/2021 at 20:34, AjcW said:

Is there a load of new people on here this weekend or something? Some right crap being spouted. 

Why on earth would anyone hold over celebrating against anyone else given we’ve not seen any live football in nearly 2 years? **** me! 

I always struggle to understand why people can’t put rivalries aside for two seconds and just think “at the end of the day they’re fans of their club just like I am” 

Its been a brilliant weekend for the country, for the Premier League, for everyone’s sanity! Just enjoy it 

:appl:..:yahoo:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

I certainly wouldn't have a go at Brentford or Thomas Frank for last Friday. 

An utterly superb occasion for a team that's played some brilliant football, suffered play off heartache, lost top players and bounced back to get to the prem. 

Much like ourselves, they came up after a few attempts and fully deserve their opportunity. 

I also wouldn't call our meeting on Saturday as a mediocre fixture. 

New season, a good start needed, midland opposition, 18 months since many have had the chance to attend, new players to welcome and regrets that others weren't there. 

Probably like many others, I've missed going to games, so Saturday was a huge day for me and even though the game itself wasn't a classic, the occasion was anything other than mediocre. 

5th place finish, FA Cup and Community Shield winners and our 1st chance to show our appreciation, it was pretty poor imo. 

Each to their own though 👍

Leicester vs Wolves is a mediocre fixture to everyone outside of Leicester and Wolverhampton (and most in it to be honest). 

Playing Wolves is a chore these days, as Saturday showed.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I guarantee you 95% of them were avoiding traffic.

I left when the whistle went and I wasn’t avoiding traffic I gave my support through out the game if the players feel they need to thank the supporters after it finishes that’s fine but I don’t need thank and I’d already thanked them.