Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

“If Spurs want to play on the counter attack, I would seriously consider looking at Jamie Vardy.” ~ Jason Cundy

Vardy would be perfect for Spurs, especially if they want to play that way.

Not sure Jason has said much wrong there. And he was very complimentary about our number 9.

The transfer will never happen - unless there's a stupid bid on the table, but this is Spurs and Daniel Levy so it definitely won't happen.

Taking the high road … ignoring my little poke … not what I was hoping for  lol

An admirable response :thumbup: in this age of manufactured controversy and nonsense such as your colleague's.

But it doesn't get him off the hook.  Maybe Spurs could -- in theory -- come up with a deal for Vardy that would make financial, even footballing sense for both clubs.

But dealing Jamie Vardy out of Leicester City would rip the remaining soul right out of football.  It's not only far-fetched, it's heresy.  I smell clickbait.

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Taking the high road … ignoring my little poke … not what I was hoping for  lol

An admirable response :thumbup: in this age of manufactured controversy and nonsense such as your colleague's.

But it doesn't get him off the hook.  Maybe Spurs could -- in theory -- come up with a deal for Vardy that would make financial, even footballing sense for both clubs.

But dealing Jamie Vardy out of Leicester City would rip the remaining soul right out of football.  It's not only far-fetched, it's heresy.  I smell clickbait.

It’s simply a POV from cundy and he’s not wrong that Spurs could do a lot worse than have vards if they are thinking about counter attacking in general

and unlike some of the other fantasy stuff it’s something the club would entertain if the money was right

BUT it’s simply not going to happen because no club in the world  is going to pay the money we would want for a 34 y o  

As none of the Spurs lads would pass the ball to our Vards on England duty I'm not sure signing him is a plan that works for them...

I'm certain it's not a plan that works for Vardy either. I think he likes winning things :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s simply a POV from cundy and he’s not wrong that Spurs could do a lot worse than have vards if they are thinking about counter attacking in general

and unlike some of the other fantasy stuff it’s something the club would entertain if the money was right

BUT it’s simply not going to happen because no club in the world  is going to pay the money we would want for a 34 y o  

100% we would not consider it - absolute fact - not sure why you think our club talisman idolised by Top will never be sold than less he asked to leave which will not happen !

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This seems a weird one for sure. Don't know how fans would feel cheering on someone pleading guilty to armed robbery etc 

Wolves love signing absolute toilet called Semedo don't they! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mohammedsaqib said:

How did people feel about Danny Simpson? 

Admittedly Simpson was found guilty of assaulting his gf and got 300hrs community service. Whilst that's disgusting, it's not the same level as a 5yr suspended sentence for being guilty of robbery, kidnapping, assault and possession of fire arm. And that's not including the attempted murder he denied. 

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This seems a weird one for sure. Don't know how fans would feel cheering on someone pleading guilty to armed robbery etc 

I know it wasn't on the same level of play, but Lee Hughes went on to have a decent enough career after killing someone. 

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't believe that for one second. 

Firstly we generally have a "no dickheads" policy. Plus he wouldn't even get a work permit because of his crimes.

The bloke should be in jail, not playing football. 

24 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

People always seem give him a free pass when he has probably committed as bad crime as any of the players mentioned above. If he hadn’t committed it in Spain with their quite frankly ludicrous legal system I doubt he would ever have kicked a ball again. In a lot of countries he would still be behind bars!

that was disgraceful. he paid off the victims family and got away with it. from what i remember it wasn't even that much money.

42 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

that was disgraceful. he paid off the victims family and got away with it. from what i remember it wasn't even that much money.

Yeah it was barely a weeks salary. It’s a crazy system that you can kill someone and pay off the family and the state won’t charge you. I mean in the UK the CPS would have brought death by dangerous driving charges against him and he would have gone to prison for a long time regardless of whether the family wanted to prosecute or not.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Imo in order to be a good pundit you are meant to talk about players who might actually be a potential signing not just who's good enough. It doesn't take a genius to say Vardy would improve Spurs if Kane goes, so would Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Haaland, and many other strikers. Cundy needs to be putting forward genuine options for Spurs, otherwise why are they paying him. Any of us could go on the radio and say a top striker would improve a team who've just sold their top striker. There no way Vardy leaves Leicester, I don't think we accept an offer and I don't think he would leave, so its not a viable opinion to put forward. He needs to do some research about players in Europe or talk about players at clubs further down the league without a strong connection to their club that might be within Spurs' reach. Calvert-Lewin, Toney, Wilson, Watkins could all be potential targets and that's without even looking abroad.

27 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yeah it was barely a weeks salary. It’s a crazy system that you can kill someone and pay off the family and the state won’t charge you. I mean in the UK the CPS would have brought death by dangerous driving charges against him and he would have gone to prison for a long time regardless of whether the family wanted to prosecute or not.

Remember this as I’m sure It was only decided on a few years ago he was fined something like £60,000 instead of the sentence after offering the family £500,000 which the family accepted, unfortunately although he would have actually served prison time here it would have likely have only been a couple of years max