Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, nabb7 said:

Apparently Arsenal have been hurling so much abuse at him Ramsdale has had to limited his IG comments. Christ they epitomise the problem with some modern fans

A Chelsea fan went on a microphone and said werner get out of my club at an open training session. I would say I hope it never gets like that here but we're already starting to see it with perez. 

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m not sure if it was 3 successive but I feel like both Marcus Bent and Nathan Blake - two former foxes, we’re relegated every season around the late 90s early 00s

Herman Hreidersson? 

Relegated every single PL team he played for. 5. Palace, Ipswich, Charlton, Pompey, Wimbledon.

Albeit not in consecutive seasons.

I think actually he was a half decent player!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Herman Hreidersson? 

Relegated every single PL team he played for. 5. Palace, Ipswich, Charlton, Pompey, Wimbledon.

Albeit not in consecutive seasons.

I think actually he was a half decent player!

Nigel Quashie rings a bell too 

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

A Chelsea fan went on a microphone and said werner get out of my club at an open training session. I would say I hope it never gets like that here but we're already starting to see it with perez. 

Yeah I saw that on youtube yesterday. Shocking behaviour and fair play to the woman who called him out. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I have no problem with criticizing players on a forum like this if they play poorly but directly to them won't do anything to help the situation. In fact it's just embarrassing to do that at a training session.

23 minutes ago, Rsswmu said:

Arsenal will have spent double what we have on: 

-Ben White

-Martin Odegaard

-Aaron Ramsdale

-Albert Sambi Lokonga

-Nuno Tavares

Absolutely nuts. 

They seem to have had a big shift in transfer policy, rather than signing older players on the way down they are signing younger prospects. 

could work out well for them but it’s a bit of a risk for Arteta when he is probably 5 games from the sack!

25 minutes ago, Rsswmu said:

Arsenal will have spent double what we have on: 

-Ben White

-Martin Odegaard

-Aaron Ramsdale

-Albert Sambi Lokonga

-Nuno Tavares

Absolutely nuts. 

And not one of them would get in our first 11 and maybe 1/2 would make a 20 man match day squad!!

They are backing Arteta yet I will be amazed if he is in charge at the end of the season 

3 minutes ago, howie said:

They seem to have had a big shift in transfer policy, rather than signing older players on the way down they are signing younger prospects. 

could work out well for them but it’s a bit of a risk for Arteta when he is probably 5 games from the sack!

Do agree it’s a good plan to go young. However the fees they are paying for some of those players are crazy. Also there is a serious lack of leadership which will most likely negatively effect the younger players. Who they going to learn from Pepe, Xhaka, Ahbameyang, or Lacazette. Then they got the Arsenal fans all over them from the start, they will ruin some of their careers.

4 hours ago, nabb7 said:

Apparently Arsenal have been hurling so much abuse at him Ramsdale has had to limited his IG comments. Christ they epitomise the problem with some modern fans

Not "fans" are they though. Probaby live the other side of the World and have never stepped foot near the Emirates.

45 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder if Wenger is helping his former employer behind the scenes in some capacity.

Highly doubt it.

All the policies Wenger used to do employ seem to have gone out the window now.

For example Wenger only used to offer one year deals to players who were 30. Look at how Pires, a great footballer and Arsenal icon, wanted more years and couldn't get it. Whereas now Arsenal seem content on offering 2 and 3 year deals to players who wouldn't get them elsewhere.

Selling Martinez for 20m and now signing a worse keeper for more. Would have never happened under Wenger.

I think Edu is the main problem.

Arsenal are getting bits of the strategy right.... signing younger for example.

But what they really needed to do was raise funds from selling the likes of Xhaka, Auba, Lacazette and all the dog muck they have out on loan... and investing it in 4 or 5 key starters.

Someone mentioned it above but it's absolutely nuts that Arsenal weren't in for Daka, Soumare and probably even someone like Vestergarrd... all 3 would walk into their starting XI.

7 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The worst thing is that if it were done at Leicester towards Perez, half the crowd would cheer. Some people just see football as an outlet for their own shortcomings