Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Line-X said:

A frim favourite with some of the tossers that frequent the FT matchday threads 

Thought I'd been hacked when I read that back.

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

lol   Adama on the wing, Dele in the hole, and you up front.  How does that sound Sonny?

SonCry.JPG.ec5a11435c27b29d8e49350ec9a0bcce.JPG

• Haha 2

In a remarkable coup for nominative determinism, Pacos de Ferreira, Tottenham's Conference League opponents tonight, have 3 (THREE) players in their starting XI named Ferreira:

André Ferreira (GK)

Fernando Manuel Ferreira Fonseca (RB)

Hélder Ferreira (RW)

(I didn't want to make a whole ECL thread for this one nugget)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Honestly think Ramsdale is one of the worst 'keepers in the league over the last 2 years. I'm sure there are stats to disprove me but seems like generally shots just go through him.

the stats have him as completely average. not awful, but arsenal could have done far better things with 30m

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't knock his loyalty

JWP is in that difficult bracket of too good for Southampton but not good enough for the teams who are a decent bit better. The gap between Southampton and the likes of Villa and West Ham arent really big enough to warrant a move for him you'd feel.

Edited by Nalis

20 hours ago, Langston said:

He probably is as good as Leno, tbh. I don't rate either but Leno is allergic to anything over head height.

Leno is seriously poor, no command of his area or general presence between the sticks.

Why Arsenal sold Martinez is beyond me… yet I’m not convinced Ramsdale’s the answer to their goalkeeping quandary.

21 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Honestly think Ramsdale is one of the worst 'keepers in the league over the last 2 years. I'm sure there are stats to disprove me but seems like generally shots just go through him.

He has been playing behind Bournemouth and Sheffield utd though tbf. Must face an average 30 shots a game. 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

In a remarkable coup for nominative determinism, Pacos de Ferreira, Tottenham's Conference League opponents tonight, have 3 (THREE) players in their starting XI named Ferreira:

André Ferreira (GK)

Fernando Manuel Ferreira Fonseca (RB)

Hélder Ferreira (RW)

(I didn't want to make a whole ECL thread for this one nugget)

Be honest.

Hands up those who:

a) Googled nominative determinism, or

b) Couldn't be ars*d, or 

c) Laughed and pretended you didn't need to do a)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Be honest.

Hands up those who:

a) Googled nominative determinism, or

b) Couldn't be ars*d, or 

c) Laughed and pretended you didn't need to do a)

Maybe some of us already knew what it meant :P  I haven't looked, but I doubt there are any footballers named Leicester, anywhere?

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

In a remarkable coup for nominative determinism, Pacos de Ferreira

Well I did google that ... and this came up.  Colors seem to match their kit.

Paco.JPG.238d4e8c37a1436b579d0e4012aa80a4.JPG

What could be Spursier than losing to an "eau de toilette".  Without so much as a shot on goal.

• Haha 1