Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

The lack of a prominent badge is disgusting but I think it'll become the new norm. 

No chance.  Haven't seen a single positive comment from any fans of the clubs involved.  This little experiment will be quietly brushed under the carpet and consigned to shite HITC listicles of crap kits from years gone by.

• Like 2

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

No chance.  Haven't seen a single positive comment from any fans of the clubs involved.  This little experiment will be quietly brushed under the carpet and consigned to shite HITC listicles of crap kits from years gone by.

I hope you're right. 

Thing is nobody heard any positive things over third kits, annual kit changes, multiple shirt sponsors and so on. 

Just because folk aren't praising it doesn't mean they're isn't a sector that'll buy it and justify its existence. 

It’s just a leisure t shirt, completely designed for fans to wear to the pub. If it was just sold as a piece of merchandise club leisure wear it wouldn’t be so bad but has a kit it’s ****ing wrong. Surely league rules should state that the club badge has to be on match shirts. They’ll look like a pub team wearing  that.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It’s just a leisure t shirt, completely designed for fans to wear to the pub. If it was just sold as a piece of merchandise club leisure wear it wouldn’t be so bad but has a kit it’s ****ing wrong. Surely league rules should state that the club badge has to be on match shirts. They’ll look like a pub team wearing  that.

They'll look like a sleepover.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

This is surprising, I'd just assumed that footballers were getting jabbed like the rest of us. 

They probably won't get jabs unless someone pays them to do it.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
29 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

This is surprising, I'd just assumed that footballers were getting jabbed like the rest of us. 

Doesn't suprise me at all tbh. They all think they're immune to it.

50 minutes ago, Corky said:

Given how much they've been hit by Covid, I'd have thought Newcastle players would be very keen to get it done.

I doubt they're anti-vaxxers, probably just a bit concerned of the side effects of being protected from COVID.

Like having to play for Newcastle.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I doubt they're anti-vaxxers, probably just a bit concerned of the side effects of being protected from COVID.

Like having to play for Newcastle.

Or either think it's not a threat to them health wise despite one of their team-mates having issues with the virus or think they have had COVID so won't get it again?

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Doesn't suprise me at all tbh. They all think they're immune to it.

Not so far fetched 

they had quite an outbreak last year 

they are wealthy enough to get detailed antibody testing done. Maybe a few of them have found they have immunity via previous infection and hence decided they don’t need to be vaccinated. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Not so far fetched 

they had quite an outbreak last year 

they are wealthy enough to get detailed antibody testing done. Maybe a few of them have found they have immunity via previous infection and hence decided they don’t need to be vaccinated. 

I wish it was an innocent as that but a lot of footballers are into conspiracy theories as you've seen with Delph. 

35 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I wish it was an innocent as that but a lot of footballers are into conspiracy theories as you've seen with Delph. 

the vaccine adds some kind of spike to a certain gene or whatever it is that athletes already have in plenty same goes for Children, that's what that scientist was saying anyway who was against the vaccines in the first place

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

the vaccine adds some kind of spike to a certain gene or whatever it is that athletes already have in plenty same goes for Children, that's what that scientist was saying anyway who was against the vaccines in the first place

Do you ever read back what you've written?

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It indicates that athletes are more likely to have a stronger response to the vaccines ref immunity protection than less fit people.  It’s an argument for them to have it!   But it does put forward concerns that side effects could interfere with training schedules.  I would think that covid would be more damaging ! 

• Like 1