Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I find it funny that people are all big on a possible dictatorship but they didn't say a word about windrush, the deportation and violation of basic human rights regarding refugees, the drone bombing of various innocent peoples,colonialism... Etc... 

This government is vile. And don't get me started about the fact they were actually cracking down on the right to protest. With that being said, everyone should get vaccinated or expect not to do the same as always. Especially as a footballer. When it affects other people you're part of the problem. I know plenty of people in the developing world who'd kill for a vaccine. Western entitlement if you ask me. And I'm not denying the UK government is authoritarian (and it has always been especially regarding foreign policy) but a vaccine is the least of your worries. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I find it funny that people are all big on a possible dictatorship but they didn't say a word about windrush, the deportation and violation of basic human rights regarding refugees, the drone bombing of various innocent peoples,colonialism... Etc... 

This government is vile. And don't get me started about the fact they were actually cracking down on the right to protest. With that being said, everyone should get vaccinated or expect not to do the same as always. Especially as a footballer. When it affects other people you're part of the problem. I know plenty of people in the developing world who'd kill for a vaccine. Western entitlement if you ask me. And I'm not denying the UK government is authoritarian (and it has always been especially regarding foreign policy) but a vaccine is the least of your worries. 

Well said - sadly in the wrong thread, in case this gets removed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

@ARM1968 (and everyone else)  should be posting covid debate stuff in the covid thread rather than football. There,  posts will be more rigorously challenged if they are erroneous.  The football forum is not the place for pro/anti vax information to be spread, whether intentional or not.

Agreed.

Need to get back on track in here, Liverpool v Burnley up first today. Can't see anything but a big Liverpool win.

Big fan of Burnley lining up with players 1-11 today. 

That can’t have happened in a Premier League game for years.

Edited by ttfn

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Yep, I like it to, and just seen this:

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ugh, Fletch, Macca and the spaffing over Anfield.

Hairy bikers best of British it is

Worse.  Ref is Mike Dean.

Prepare for Mike Dean, Drama Queen.

40 minutes ago, ttfn said:

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:
Yep, I like it to, and just seen this:

All Dyche needs to do now is put Cork and Taylor at centre back and McNeill as striker, then football will be complete.

E9T5AaUXsAQerpg?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

All Dyche needs to do now is put Cork and Taylor at centre back and McNeill as striker, then football will be complete.

Nope. 4 & 5 are CBs. 

9 and 10 are strikers. 7 & 11 wingers. 

6 & 8 midfielders. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ugh, Fletch, Macca and the spaffing over Anfield.

Hairy bikers best of British it is

I'm listening on 5live. Much better coverage/updates, even if I don't get to watch it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mehrez said:

I’m definitely not one to push a vaccine agenda but please don’t assume everything you see on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube is fact
1. https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-pfizer-ceovaccine-idUSL1N2PD1UX
2. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/05/30/fact-check-fauci-didnt-say-cdc-fda-staff-refusing-covid-19-vaccine/7474372002/

I didn’t say they were refusing, but it is not mandatory and over 50% of them have not taken the vaccine. 

And is this the same Fauci who lied at a congressional hearing about his department actually financing gain of function experiments on Corona virus’s at the Wuhan lab?

Mind you, I suppose it was just bats because fact checking sites said it was. 

Open your eyes - all sides lie and twist. 

Again I say it is down to individual freedom to choose and anyone refusing should not be castigated. 

Interesting to watch the ref & rest of the game now in regards to time-wasting.

Mike Dean's already had a word with Mee about Pope's time-wasting because he chose to take a drink instead of the goal-kick. That in itself is fair. 

But let's see how consistent he is about should Liverpool perhaps go 1 up and Alisson decides to do the same.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

@ARM1968 (and everyone else)  should be posting covid debate stuff in the covid thread rather than football. There,  posts will be more rigorously challenged if they are erroneous.  The football forum is not the place for pro/anti vax information to be spread, whether intentional or not.

I’m not pro or anti, but point taken. 

30 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Levy supposedly wants £60m for him. Not a prayer now he's said he wants out 

No can’t see them getting much for him at all now. Always seems to have an issue that keeps him out a lot of games.