Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All the talk of Liverpool's atmosphere pre-game where the commentators dare not to even breathe in to the mic as YNWA is sung.

During the game? Quiet as fvck.

Literally every ground in the league.

I'm excited to go Brentford, as atmosphere looked great last week, but last away atmosphere I was impressed with is still Huddersfield when they first came up.

I am listening to 5live and they were talking how great the atmosphere is at St James'. I've been four times and each time their 50k are quiet as fvck.

33 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Talk again about how Burnley can maybe spend when a new owner comes in...genuine question: where does their league money go? They must be one of the lowest spenders in the league but they've had years of Prem money now.

I believe they spent a lot on a new training complex a few years back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I believe they spent a lot on a new training complex a few years back. 

Spent roughly £10m on it 4 years ago according the articles I can find.  That's surely not where everything they've earned since is going.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Literally every ground in the league.

I'm excited to go Brentford, as atmosphere looked great last week, but last away atmosphere I was impressed with is still Huddersfield when they first came up.

I am listening to 5live and they were talking how great the atmosphere is at St James'. I've been four times and each time their 50k are quiet as fvck.

They probably all sound loud when its a big game but suspect for most games its pretty flat.

They kept saying Newcastle fans would have been happy last week with the performance - not sure about that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Given how defensive Burnley are, they are sometimes very very poor defensively. They didn't deserve to be losing but that's what happens when u don't take your chances 

I get what you're saying but I think they do deserve to be losing. 

They haven't had that many chances of note. Alisson barely tested. For a side that has relied on route one and trying to be defensive and containing Liverpool, they've not done a great job.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Christ you can’t half see how Liverpool have missed VanDijk

Brilliant player 

That just makes me think how much we will miss Fofana this season.  Such a huge loss for us and so unnecessary.   :(

8 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Given how defensive Burnley are, they are sometimes very very poor defensively. They didn't deserve to be losing but that's what happens when u don't take your chances 

Don’t deserve to be losing? Liverpool have absolutely dominated! lol

Just now, Pliskin said:

Do Burnley finally go this year? They’re the premier leagues dingleberry…. Just hanging around there, an annoying piece of shit. 

Nah. There's at least 3 sides worse than them again. I know they're always hanging round the bottom 3 but they know how to win when needed. I'd back them going to Carrow Road and winning 0-1 than I would Norwich going Turf Moor and winning 0-1.

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

No Watkins or Bailey for villa today. Can see Newcastle getting something there. Fancy Brentford to beat palace as well. 

Watkins still injured isn't he? 

Willock starting for Newcastle. Will be interesting to see how his form goes now he's there full time.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Watkins still injured isn't he? 

Willock starting for Newcastle. Will be interesting to see how his form goes now he's there full time.

Not sure about Watkins could well still be injured just seen online a few people commenting that him Bailey and Traore not playing. As for Willock isn’t he on 7 in a row for goals from last season?