Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Not sure about Watkins could well still be injured just seen online a few people commenting that him Bailey and Traore not playing. As for Willock isn’t he on 7 in a row for goals from last season? 

Yeah, think if Willock scores he joins Sturridge, Vardy and Ruud with 8 in a row (PL era only of course).

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, think if Willock scores he joins Sturridge, Vardy and Ruud with 8 in a row (PL era only of course).

I know it's still consecutive games Willock actually played in (he missed a couple of games) in that run of 7 on a row. But did Vardy miss any games for his 11 in a row? 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know it's still consecutive games Willock actually played in (he missed a couple of games) in that run of 7 on a row. But did Vardy miss any games for his 11 in a row? 

Vardy didn't miss a game, no. As you say, Willock did last season and also Van Nistelrooy's 10 goals two seasons.

On the flip side I don't think any of Willock's were pens? Van Nistelrooy and Vardy both scored pens in that run.

Sturridge wasn't the penalty taker for Liverpool either in his run of 8 but I'm more surprised Suarez didn't match that. He was lethal during his time at Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Vardy didn't miss a game, no. As you say, Willock did last season and also Van Nistelrooy's 10 goals two seasons.

On the flip side I don't think any of Willock's were pens? Van Nistelrooy and Vardy both scored pens in that run.

Sturridge wasn't the penalty taker for Liverpool either in his run of 8 but I'm more surprised Suarez didn't match that. He was lethal during his time at Liverpool.

Same as players like Owen, Torres, Rooney... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Talk again about how Burnley can maybe spend when a new owner comes in...genuine question: where does their league money go? They must be one of the lowest spenders in the league but they've had years of Prem money now.

They had over 40M saved up.  New owners used it in lieu of their own cash as down payment for the takeover.

If they do go down, it will be a straight chute to League One just like Sunderland.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

They had over 40M saved up.  New owners used it in lieu of their own cash as down payment for the takeover.

If they do go down, it will be a straight chute to League One just like Sunderland.

How is that possible?  Before they buy the club that money isn't theirs?  Or did they front their own money then immediately suck it back out of the club?  Mental situation.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

How is that possible?  Before they buy the club that money isn't theirs?  Or did they front their own money then immediately suck it back out of the club?  Mental situation.

Not sure -- appears some form of LBO using a ton of debt secured against the club's own assets -- it shouldn't be allowed, but is certainly possible.

Similar to what Stewart Arnold did using SAFC's parachute payments.

Guest Kopfkino
9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just a classic leveraged buyout situation. Why football still allows them I’ve no idea

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Glaziers did the same at Man United, they took out a loan and used Man United as collateral even tho they didn’t actually own them before doing it 

23 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Pretty sure it’s what the glazers did aswell