Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

there was a moment just then gray racing ahead with just the keeper to beat and ...... nothing weak shot at the keeper. he will continue to be inconsistent. this is a demon he has to conquer if he ever wants to a top player. 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How the fvck has Martinez stayed on the pitch for that?

Just seen this and even though Wilson was offside that’s a shocking effort of a tackle some keepers get away with some awful  stuff at times 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Gray would often play well whenever he got in the team. Then he'd get complacent and his performances would tail off. Fair play to him if he does well at Everton, but it's far too early to judge.

Amazing how quickly people forget what a player was like here.

If played well consists of 30/40 mins then I’d agree 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Wish we had support like Leeds, never stopped singing when they were losing. King Power was a library when we were winning last week

Not so sure 

Normally were like Dortmund but last week a lot of our fans had to leave early to get home to feed the cat

😄

• Haha 1

No axe to grind with Gray. When he arrived at KP i thought he was the future, but under four different managers he flattered to deceive. Some great performances from the bench which earned him a starting spot which he then blew by being anonymous. Always seemed to me he was an instinctive player, did well when reacting in a tight situation, snapshot etc. but given a bit of space and time and he invariably dithered and then lost the momentum or made the wrong decision. 

He said himself recently, that during the latter part of his time here he made some poor choices but that he has learnt from that and hopefully is more focused on what is important. Some people take longer to mature than others, especially when fame and wealth come at a very early age.  Hope he does well

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Quite a few of our recent managers had a good look at Gray and didn't think he was anything more than an impact sub at best. 

I'll trust their judgement but good luck to Gray if he does well for Everton 

I've got nothing against him, hope he does well, but we're literally 2 games into the season.

11 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Quite a few of our recent managers had a good look at Gray and didn't think he was anything more than an impact sub at best. 

I have always thought he is a championship level player , good footballer but lacking the sharp brain and quick thinking necessary for a top PL  side. On the other hand if he proves me wrong then good luck to him. MOTM today apparently .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Leverkusen got rid after about 6 months too