Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How is that not a red for Duffy? He's studded the back of his knee with no chance of getting the ball? 

I agree 100% and that has nothing to do with the fact that my FanTrax opponent started Duffy, I swear. 

Guest Col city fan

I like Norwich. Tidy ground and a nice place

But God knows how they are going to stay up with their squad and particularly the defence 

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Brighton enforcing covid passports, I am praying we don’t go down that path. 

Great idea. Brighton have that spot on

41 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Bissouma looks excellent for Brighton, really come on in the past couple of seasons. Can see why he is admired from clubs higher up the league. 

Only watched the first half and he bossed the midfield from what I saw. Exactly Arsenal needed but they blew 50m on an inexperienced defender to partner another young inexperienced  defender (gabriel) instead.

• Like 1

We're 2 games in and Redknapp is already talking up Brighton as the seasons surprise package because they've won 2. No disrespect to the 2 teams, but they've beaten Burnley and Watford. Brighton have always been capable of beating teams like that, it's why they've stayed up, but it's doing it consistently whilst also picking up the odd bonus result. Brighton are just as likely to lose the reverse fixture against Watford, so only time will tell if they've managed to improve on that to push towards the top 10.

Norwich sold Buendia and panic bought a load of attackers… completely wasted £40m or whatever it was that could have been used for defenders that they actually needed.

Instead they’ve got grant Hanley at CB… again… 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

We're 2 games in and Redknapp is already talking up Brighton as the seasons surprise package because they've won 2. No disrespect to the 2 teams, but they've beaten Burnley and Watford. Brighton have always been capable of beating teams like that, it's why they've stayed up, but it's doing it consistently whilst also picking up the odd bonus result. Brighton are just as likely to lose the reverse fixture against Watford, so only time will tell if they've managed to improve on that to push towards the top 10.

I've got a tenner at 500/1....

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Why though? It’s an extra cost to enforce and will delay fans getting in. There is no way they will be able to police it. Also you shouldn’t be denied entry to a football match because you decline a vaccine, that is absolutely insane. Also I am pro vaccine.

FFS Una, I was arguing with you for the sake of it! Get with the programme innit
I agree with you, it’s a daft idea 

3 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Should never had let Gray leave. 

Another decent player we've lost over the years because our fans didn't like the player without any reason why. 

He had the raw materials and showed real moments of quality but I can't think of a time he knitted it all together and had a real barnstorming game for us. He was just way down the pecking order from the beginning and never got any momentum. Sometimes his passing was so wayward it would affect the team's entire fluidity.

Going to Leverkusen was supposed to be this new start for him but he's spoken in a recent interview of being isolated away from his family because of Covid restrictions and he jumped at the chance to move to Everton.

Perhaps the penny has dropped for him. He's playing for, historically, a very big club and a very successful manager. This may be his only chance to turn his career around, and he still has time to do so.

It never worked out here. And it was never going to. He seems like a nice bloke as well so I hope he does well as long as it's not at our expense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Should never had let Gray leave. 

Another decent player we've lost over the years because our fans didn't like the player without any reason why. 

Four managers agreed with the fans. 

He also left his own accord. He was offered a contract and turned it down. We cashed in whilst we still could get some money for him 

How many times did we see Gray have one good game, get himself into the team and then do nothing for the next 5 until he was dropped again?

I’d be very happy to take a bet with anybody that he won’t get 10 Premier League goals and assists combined this season, frankly I’d be surprised if he got more than 5.

Edited by ttfn