Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

We're 2 games in and Redknapp is already talking up Brighton as the seasons surprise package because they've won 2. No disrespect to the 2 teams, but they've beaten Burnley and Watford. Brighton have always been capable of beating teams like that, it's why they've stayed up, but it's doing it consistently whilst also picking up the odd bonus result. Brighton are just as likely to lose the reverse fixture against Watford, so only time will tell if they've managed to improve on that to push towards the top 10.

Wouldnt even be a surprise package, they finished well below where they should have last season. Youd expect them to eventually regress to the mean and get the results their performances deserve

Which would be comfortably staying up and looking for top 10. 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Brighton enforcing covid passports, I am praying we don’t go down that path. 

Why not over 3000 people are dying a month from it. That's quite a lot still in the whole scheme of things. 

It's not too difficult you just have to show your phone on the way in or a print out.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

But it lowers hospital admissions which makes a whole lot of sense 

Maybe we should show papers for flu jabs, or produce our medical history as you never know, and what about covid recovered? What about the young, they don't need the vaccine , what about pregnant woman not wanting to take the risk  anyway I'm not going to get in a debate about this as I know I'll get nowhere. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Why not over 3000 people are dying a month from it. That's quite a lot still in the whole scheme of things. 

It's not too difficult you just have to show your phone on the way in or a print out.

3000 ? Of or with ?

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

30,000 people died of flu and pneumonia in 2018 in England and Wales.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Meanwhile, does Klopp prepare for how he can be a twat in his press conference every week? Everyone else is quite happy with the lighter touch refereeing, he thinks all of those people should go watch wrestling instead and the players need protecting. This after he was whinging on Thursday about goalkeepers, of all people, not getting enough protection. 

Can’t think of a person in the game that I like less

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Why?

Because he was pretty average for us for 5 years so I don’t want him going off and improving a potential top 6 rival 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Jakemoore

8 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Meanwhile, does Klopp prepare for how he can be a twat in his press conference every week? Everyone else is quite happy with the lighter touch refereeing, he thinks all of those people should go watch wrestling instead and the players need protecting. This after he was whinging on Thursday about goalkeepers, of all people, not getting enough protection. 

Can’t think of a person in the game that I like less

He's the type that complains about Burnley being too physical and the game being reffed to 2005 standards yet complain about a player going down for a penalty against Liverpool by starting his argument 'back in my day....'

The worst of the the lot, sad considering he had the potential to shake it up when he first got to England

Not quite sure why everyone's losing their minds because Gray scored against Leeds. The real takeaway today is that Everton only scored two against probably the worst defence in the Premier League. lol

Guest Col city fan
Just now, lcfcdamo said:

God i actually can't stand stupid idiots like you that cant see something being injected into them that lets add is on human trails to 2023. There isnt 1 person on earth that can truly say its 100% safe Without years and years of trials. Lets be real i no more people now who have had the jab catching it more than before.

🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Come on now. You’ve never be keen on any of our players. It’s not the weller54 way

Not keen on Perez (or Maddison particularly!)

We can do better!..

Don't think I'm alone in having that opinion?

The rest... I love 😁

Looking like there are already sections of mini-leagues occurring: Norwich, Watford, Palace, Burnley, Brentford bottom 5. Think this might end up being quite an unexciting season for the neutral.

Viera first for the sack?

23 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Looking like there are already sections of mini-leagues occurring: Norwich, Watford, Palace, Burnley, Brentford bottom 5. Think this might end up being quite an unexciting season for the neutral.

I am sure Steve Bruce is already getting stick from the Newcastle fans!

1 hour ago, lcfcdamo said:

God i actually can't stand stupid idiots like you that cant see something being injected into them that lets add is on human trails to 2023. There isnt 1 person on earth that can truly say its 100% safe Without years and years of trials. Lets be real i no more people now who have had the jab catching it more than before.

There isn’t 1 person on earth who can be 100% sure I am not God.

Yours faithfully, God

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Brentford have 4 points from their first two, not sure it's fair to put them in a bracket with those other four.

Though they faced a higher calibre of opponent this weekend than last, so maybe you're right that they're on a similar level. lol

Edited by OntarioFox
arsenal
  • Like 3