Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Brentford have 4 points from their first two, not sure it's fair to put them in a bracket with those other four.

Though they faced a higher calibre of opponent this weekend than last, so maybe you're right that they're on a similar level. lol

I think Brentford will be fine. Teams that come up having consistency challenging for promotion tend to fair better that those who come up at the first attempt.

7 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

God i actually can't stand stupid idiots like you that cant see something being injected into them that lets add is on human trails to 2023. There isnt 1 person on earth that can truly say its 100% safe Without years and years of trials. Lets be real i no more people now who have had the jab catching it more than before.

The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it, it lowers the chance of a hospital admission.  I’m assuming you treat your body like a temple then; no alcohol, smoking, fatty meat, exercise daily. Youre embarrassing. 

• Haha 1

Even when winning Klopp is annoying. I actually do not mind Liverpool as a club so much, but Klopp makes me dislikes them the most out of the juggernaut clubs, despite them actually playing some wonderful relentless football.

• Like 2

Why isn’t Villas keeper sent off for a challenge like that. Wreckless, dangerous and could have easily caused a serious head/brain injury against Wilson.

You can’t fly out like that and completely wipe a player out.

Wilson did well to maintain his composure there, I would have been fuming!

8 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

I think Brentford will be fine they'll stay up. I I think Norwich, Watford and one of Palace or Newcastle will go down. 

Southampton is one I fancy to be in trouble, lack of quality throughout the squad with the exception of JWP. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

God i actually can't stand stupid idiots like you that cant see something being injected into them that lets add is on human trails to 2023. There isnt 1 person on earth that can truly say its 100% safe Without years and years of trials. Lets be real i no more people now who have had the jab catching it more than before.

Jesus the UK seems to populated by more and more flat earthers since I left........has someone put something in the water?   In the UK there seems to be moaning by some, that football clubs are asking for proof of vaccination! If you live in France, you have to have a vaccine passport for going to the restuarant, cinema, shopping centres, sports events et al.  I have children under 16 and they had to have it or else they can't go on any school trips, or do any sport activities outside of school. 

17 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Should never had let Gray leave. 

Another decent player we've lost over the years because our fans didn't like the player without any reason why. 

Could you actually name a single player who has left us on gone on to bigger and better things? 
In the last 20 odd years, I could say maybe Heskey - huge money at the time.

Kante - release clause

Magrez - wanted to go, huge money

Maguire - ridiculous money

Who are these players who are decent that we have let go??

13 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Four managers agreed with the fans. 

He also left his own accord. He was offered a contract and turned it down. We cashed in whilst we still could get some money for him 

Yep, he wouldn't be here this season in any case as he'd turned the new deal down.

I have to say I'm not looking forward to Nuno being back at Molineux today. Its too soon, like an ex being at a party at your house the week after you split up. 

Plus Kane has travelled so will be involved in the game today. I'm just hoping for a decent performance and to look competitive again like we did last week. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Brentford have 4 points from their first two, not sure it's fair to put them in a bracket with those other four.

Though they faced a higher calibre of opponent this weekend than last, so maybe you're right that they're on a similar level. lol

Yeh they've definitely looked the best of those but I think people forget that it took playoffs for them to get promoted. Usually that side is a little weaker than autos. I think they need to make their home a fortress and that could be the difference, but they'll be there or thereabouts with regards to relegation.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Perez is better than Gray, and that right there says all you need to know about Gray. 

Perez...30m

Gray.....1.7m

Gray was brilliant yesterday, scored and created a number of chances.

Can't say I've ever said that about Perez.

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Perez...30m

Gray.....1.7m

Gray was brilliant yesterday, scored and created a number of chances.

Can't say I've ever said that about Perez.

Perez has scored a hat trick for us, so that's clearly bullshit lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Could you actually name a single player who has left us on gone on to bigger and better things? 

Kante - release clause

Mark Bright. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Kante - release clause

I was going to make a list eg Lineker, Smith, Gary Mac etc. But yes,of course a different matter over the last 20 years. 

21 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Ugh. I can't believe I'm actually replying to this nonsense and continuing to derail the thread, but you obviously know nothing about vaccines and how they are tested and brought to usage in the population. 

Most vaccines take years and years to develop because they have to apply for funding and test subjects and wait to analyse results of trials. Those clinical trials are expensive and have to be approved which takes even more time, and the funding isn't always easy to obtain. 

With Covid however there was a massive planet wide push and limitless money thrown at it because it was so urgently needed. The vaccines have been fast tracked for that very reason, but not at the expense of rigorous controls or testing standards. They've probably been tested and analysed more than any other vaccine in history in terms of pure numbers, just in a shorter timescale.

No vaccine or any drug for that matter is 100% safe. There are side effects to everything you put in your body, which are entirely dependent on hundreds of different factors, both environmental and genetic. You can only make something as safe as possible with the resources and knowledge you have at the time. 

Long term effects are of a concern with any vaccine, but the rewards far outweigh the risks as hundreds of thousands of people were dying world wide. Testing continues on vaccines long after they've been rolled out to the public. Saying that the Covid vaccine is still undergoing trials is complete misdirection because ALL vaccines do this. 

One of my friends is an immunologist and geneticist at Oxford who was part of the team that developed the recent Malaria breakthrough. Plus I've listened to hundreds of science podcasts over the years and know how much work and expert knowledge goes into this stuff. 

So please stop talking bollocks about something you demonstrably have very little understanding of. 

Again, apologies for taking this further off topic. Won't happen again. 

you’re posting in an echo chamber ……

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

So please stop talking bollocks about something you demonstrably have very little understanding of. 

Unfortunately, an internet connection is all these people need, having no credible voice and knowing that they are largely ignored in the real world and by the rational and informed. Contrary to the signposting on here - I would suggest giving the train wreck coronavirus thread a very wide berth. Despite the gallant attempts of some to keep it on track with similar posts to yourself - picture instead the matchday thread attempting epidemiology. 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Obviously 1 goal v Leeds for Everton outweighs 5 years of wasted potential at Leicester.

Well at least we'll get a good view of his second from the stands. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1