Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, weller54 said:

O yes... in the 9-0 .

I think Gray may have done the same in that match!

😂😂😂

Didn't though did he.

Perez has also played an important part in an fa cup winning goal, doubt Gray would have made that block.

In fact the last time I think Gray played for us, or certainly on of the last times, we were losing, and he selfishly grabbed a late free kick and ****ed it up. Doubt perez would do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I have to say I'm not looking forward to Nuno being back at Molineux today. Its too soon, like an ex being at a party at your house the week after you split up. 

Plus Kane has travelled so will be involved in the game today. I'm just hoping for a decent performance and to look competitive again like we did last week. 

Apparently he vetoed signing Youri Tielemans for Wolves.

Give him a standing ovation from us, please. 

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

One freak match and scoring 3 in a 9-0 game !!.... justifies the rest of his abysmal performances does it?

I didn't say it was did I was just comparing it to Grays one good game.

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Perez's strength is what lets him down.  Some of the things he attempts he gets knocked off the ball too easily.  When he has a little space he uaually produces something good.

He just needs to eat more.

He has good feet in tight spots, it when he chasing a lose ball or trying to run.at a defender he get pushed off it too easily. In the box with a few defenders round him he can get out of that a create something.

10 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Perez's strength is what lets him down.  Some of the things he attempts he gets knocked off the ball too easily.  When he has a little space he uaually produces something good.

He just needs to eat more.

That'd just make him even slower than he is now, and he already looks like he's running in work boots as it is.

• Like 1

If people can't understand why we sold Gray, I don't think they'll ever get football. 

Comparing him to Perez is just a lazy argument. 

Gray ultimately didn't and probably wouldn't have ever amounted to much had he stayed here. Various managers and he still couldn't find any consistency. 

This moment/discussions was always going to happen as soon as he scored for Everton. Let's see how he does in the next few games for them. He scored here in cameos or starts but never found the form to hold down a place, like Barnes did. 

Hence Gray eventually being sold. We need consistency and application and effort in a game. Gray didn't provide it enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reffing is so inconsistent. They’re just trying to copy the euros which over a tournament was great but over a season… won’t be long before

managers are complaining.

Might encourage Maddison to stay on his feet more though, which can only be a good thing. So long as we do get the free kicks when he’s booted in the ankles.

Mixed feelings about Demarai Gray. He unquestionably had talent and I liked his willingness to run at and try and get behind a defence. For that reason, he was a decent impact player that could cause weary defenders a real problem late in a game. Yes his final product and decision making was dubious on occasions - as was, we are lead to believe, his attitude at times. I still believe he had potential here, but Barnes being first choice on the left would have compounded his frustration. 

Honourable memories - that goal away at Old Trafford in 2016 and of course, this...

Demarai-Gray-1040466.jpg.732fbb1e6657386bc8562de115dfa339.jpg

Undignified?...storming out of the ground and tearing away in his ill-gotten i8. 

Or this...

grey.thumb.jpg.9279e75c8cf3930d65724fb3200d3ace.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Mixed feelings about Demarai Gray. He unquestionably had talent and I liked his willingness to run at and try and get behind a defence. For that reason, he was a decent impact player that could cause weary defenders a real problem late in a game. Yes his final product and decision making was dubious on occasions - as was, we are lead to believe, his attitude at times. I still believe he had potential here, but Barnes being first choice on the left would have compounded his frustration. 

Honourable memories - that goal away at Old Trafford in 2016 and of course, this...

Demarai-Gray-1040466.jpg.732fbb1e6657386bc8562de115dfa339.jpg

Undignified?...storming out of the ground and tearing away in his ill-gotten i8. 

Or this...

grey.thumb.jpg.9279e75c8cf3930d65724fb3200d3ace.jpg

No idea how close he was to completely ruining his haircut

Edited by jmono84

Guest Col city fan

Gray had ample chances to perform for Leicester and he didn’t take them.

I have nothing against him and how he does now is irrelevant to LCFC

I think the fact Gray is supposedly this explosive exciting winger and you can count the memorable moments in 5 years on one hand speaks volumes.

Cardiff goal after Vichai's death

Goal v Wolves

Goal at Old Trafford in 4-1 defeat

Run v Everton that lead to a Vardy goal

I'm struggling to think of any more.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Could you actually name a single player who has left us on gone on to bigger and better things? 
In the last 20 odd years, I could say maybe Heskey - huge money at the time.

Kante - release clause

Magrez - wanted to go, huge money

Maguire - ridiculous money

Who are these players who are decent that we have let go??

andrej-kramaric-bundesliga-player-of-the-month.jpg.61fd904dba2ce2b0418f054abf23033f.jpg

• Like 2