Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

36 minutes ago, weller54 said:

According to their value Perez should be 17.64 times better than Gray!

Going on that basis, when we bought Gray at 3m, he should of been 3x better than Vardy. So I think we can agree purchase price can't be used as an argument.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I know the season has barely started but I think I can guess the top 4 already ….   if you offered me 5th and a bit of silverware I’d bite yer hand off before you could blink.

Completely agree but then I’d take that every season. I get that ultimately we need champions league football to progress financially, but I never want to turn into an Arsenal type team where 4th is seen as more successful than an FA Cup or even league cup win. I’d take one of those trophies over a champions league spot (except for 1st of course) every time. 

Edited by rn9013

53 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think the fact Gray is supposedly this explosive exciting winger and you can count the memorable moments in 5 years on one hand speaks volumes.

Cardiff goal after Vichai's death

Goal v Wolves

Goal at Old Trafford in 4-1 defeat

Run v Everton that lead to a Vardy goal

I'm struggling to think of any more.

Scored the winner at WHU away season before last.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I think the fact Gray is supposedly this explosive exciting winger and you can count the memorable moments in 5 years on one hand speaks volumes.

Goal v Wolves

Although to be fair that really was one hell of a run.

Goal v Wolves

There are some memorable goals in that list mind.

Goal he scored against us before signing also sticks in the memory.

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Scored the winner at WHU away season before last.

I should have word it better. I was thinking of particular stand out moments. I included the wolves goal because it was a good run and finish, and obviously the Man Utd goal was a stunner. Don't remember the West Ham goal being particularly amazing. Only other moment I can think of is the goal I think v Derby in the league cup.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Ugh. I can't believe I'm actually replying to this nonsense and continuing to derail the thread, but you obviously know nothing about vaccines and how they are tested and brought to usage in the population. 

Most vaccines take years and years to develop because they have to apply for funding and test subjects and wait to analyse results of trials. Those clinical trials are expensive and have to be approved which takes even more time, and the funding isn't always easy to obtain. 

With Covid however there was a massive planet wide push and limitless money thrown at it because it was so urgently needed. The vaccines have been fast tracked for that very reason, but not at the expense of rigorous controls or testing standards. They've probably been tested and analysed more than any other vaccine in history in terms of pure numbers, just in a shorter timescale.

No vaccine or any drug for that matter is 100% safe. There are side effects to everything you put in your body, which are entirely dependent on hundreds of different factors, both environmental and genetic. You can only make something as safe as possible with the resources and knowledge you have at the time. 

Long term effects are of a concern with any vaccine, but the rewards far outweigh the risks as hundreds of thousands of people were dying world wide. Testing continues on vaccines long after they've been rolled out to the public. Saying that the Covid vaccine is still undergoing trials is complete misdirection because ALL vaccines do this. 

One of my friends is an immunologist and geneticist at Oxford who was part of the team that developed the recent Malaria breakthrough. Plus I've listened to hundreds of science podcasts over the years and know how much work and expert knowledge goes into this stuff. 

So please stop talking bollocks about something you demonstrably have very little understanding of. 

Again, apologies for taking this further off topic. Won't happen again. 

Fake news.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

andrej-kramaric-bundesliga-player-of-the-month.jpg.61fd904dba2ce2b0418f054abf23033f.jpg

I’m sorry, has he gone on to better things than the club? 
He left, we won the league! We’ve been to Europe three times and won the FA Cup. He has played well in Germany - but hasn’t gone on to better things.

Goal v Wolves

I still maintain that goal at Old Trafford is the best I've seen live. The pace it was hit with was just mind blowing. 

As for Gray, he gets too much criticism, he was fine just not up to the same quality as some of our other players. Seeing his interviews that he'd fallen out of love with football etc it was probably for the best he moved on. It just didn't work out for whatever reason. I'm not going to criticise him for that! 

• Like 1

Jimenez hat trick today would be nice and Kane to come on score an own goal and walk off again.  big defeats for Arsenal and Southampton today. As for gray he was decent at times not so good other times. Some players just don’t get on with some teams and move on. I am sure if he plays how get has at times here Everton fans will probably get on his back but at 1.5 mil he is pretty risk free

21 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Should never had let Gray leave. 

Another decent player we've lost over the years because our fans didn't like the player without any reason why. 

I must admit I thought it'd take longer than two games.

He had enough chances. Four different managers hit the same conslusion. Benitez eventually will.

• Like 1