Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

wasn't impressed with him at United but seems like a different player now which he admitted himself

Utd pretty much nearly ruined him. He was class at Inter and will be so at Chelsea. 

He'll be as good as Drogba was for them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Chelsea are scary 

Early days but this lot look like the team to beat this season.

I think Squad depth will be important though and that is maybe where Man City eclipse Chelsea. Lukaku looks awesome in this team, but what happens if he gets injured? They sold Giroud and Abraham. Man City don't have a good number 9 at all, but proved they can win the league by having a world record number of 7/11/10's instead! And they added to that in Grealish, despite already winning the title so comfortably.

Still if Lukaku stays injury free they can go all the way.

Edited by StriderHiryu

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Pure rubbish that isn't it?

Lukaku doesn't have as much finesse as Kane and Lewandowski, but is faster and is more powerful. Already in this game Lukaku is holding it up really well and allowing Mount and Havertz to join the attack, which is something that Werner could never give them.

He's in the top 3 out and out strikers in the world along with the other two mentioned, and hence a brilliant signing for Chelsea.

He does it with Vards too, permanent chip on the boy's shoulder

• Like 3

This is the most half arsed press I've ever seen from Arsenal. They're just going through the motions whilst Chelsea just easily work it around them. 

Great finish from James there too. 

22 minutes ago, KFS said:

Chelsea are going to be unstoppable this year unfortunately 

At Man City's expense? Fine by me.

Chelsea are a disgrace with their spending, they were one of the clubs who started this ridiculous spending and buying players simply so other teams can't have them or simply so they are no threat to them, however Man City have blown everyone out the water and took it to the next level. For this reason I see them as the only threat to Man City and the lesser of the two evils.

Atleast Chelsea are somewhat entertaining to watch, playing forward and wanting to go forward rather than boring the opposition into submission like Man City do in most games.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

He does it with Vards too, permanent chip on the boy's shoulder

Such a terrible pundit. In fact who is even any good these days? Micah Richards is a breath of fresh air with his optimism, even if he's not the most astute of pundits.

I suppose at the end of the day if any pundits were any good they wouldn't be pundits for long. There was once a Champions League match which had Mourinho and Wenger giving analysis and it was absolutely insane seeing how much better the pair of them were compared to anyone else.

• Like 1

Pre covid we were fairly even on the pitch with Chelsea, but Tuchel (and the investment of course) have really moved them to another level. All well and good having the resources but they’ve used them well, and they look a very strong threat to Man City this year. Lukaku looks a different animal to his Man United days, will score for fun this season. Their depth, other than the jury being out still on Werner, is every bit as good as Man City’s 

27 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

In the sense that he is so much faster and stronger than anyone else yes, he can dribble. He's useful enough to have simply for how much he scares defenders, but I was strangely calm seeing him run through us last week.

He's an athlete but he isn't a very good footballer, that's my view. 

You don't get to play top tier football without being good at football no matter how athletic you are. 

Is vardy only good because he runs faster than people? Or barnes? 

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Could you actually name a single player who has left us on gone on to bigger and better things? 
In the last 20 odd years, I could say maybe Heskey - huge money at the time.

Kante - release clause

Magrez - wanted to go, huge money

Maguire - ridiculous money

Who are these players who are decent that we have let go??

The ones you mention are ones we'd have probably kept if given the chance. There are very few, apart from maybe Kramaric that have excelled once we've moved them on.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Such a terrible pundit. In fact who is even any good these days? Micah Richards is a breath of fresh air with his optimism, even if he's not the most astute of pundits.

I suppose at the end of the day if any pundits were any good they wouldn't be pundits for long. There was once a Champions League match which had Mourinho and Wenger giving analysis and it was absolutely insane seeing how much better the pair of them were compared to anyone else.

Lady pundits …. they are the future now. 

Down the channels ..  good press ….