Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

He really is an excellent technician, but a bit like Grealish of a few years ago, he isn't quite yet at the level to consistently impose himself on a game.

Yeah true, although he's having to do far too much of his teammates work!

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Lukaku couldn’t have signed at a better time with refs letting things go more ..  cus he’s a bit of a bully.

He's a frikkin beast of a player. Can be cumbersome, with an awful first touch, but he's always a handful. He's the signing that could well make the difference for Chelsea. I wouldn't bet against them for champions.

Chelsea will humble more than just Arsenal this season.

The top 4 is going to be some task at cracking this year. I think it’s probably too much for us again as the teams around us have strengthened and our main starting 11 hasn’t really too much. I only think we have a chance if we sign a top 4 level right winger and our defence crisis doesn’t continue as the depth is not there.

Edited by les-tah

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You don't get to play top tier football without being good at football no matter how athletic you are. 

Is vardy only good because he runs faster than people? Or barnes? 

I'd suggest Vardy being in the 100 club answers that question, and Barnes is already posting numbers way beyond Traore. But yes, they are good because they run faster than people, but have more beyond that. Traore doesn't, as shown by him costing Wolves points in both games already with poor execution.

He's difficult to play against, but he's poor mentally and technically in my opinion, but it's only an opinion. 

43 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wait you thought it wasn’t a good signing? No offence but wow what a bad shout 

Thought he was a goal scorer against Shit teams merchant. Tbf he's only played Arsenal like but still

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Hopefully Arsenal stop getting associated with being anywhere near a top 4 club now. Just shows what a job Wenger did yet most fans wanted him out. Idiots.

They've made it very difficult for anyone else to succeed there. Arteta clearly isn't great but they viewed a man regularly qualifying for the Champions League as ruining the club. Anyone who goes in now has to either win the Premier or the Champions League which they are miles from doing.

Look how quickly it turns toxic there. A manager needs to have seriously thick skin in that role.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

All the big 6 managers will be complaining about it (Nuno aside). They don't like that they don't get 20-30 soft free kicks every game any more. 

Screw them. 

Bruno still got plenty of soft free kicks, one was a blatant dive. Rat faced cheat.

It was never a foul in the build up to Southampton’s goal, the defender got plenty of the ball by simply just stepping in front of him.

To say that tackle was an example of one extreme to the other 😂😂 

silly puss puss

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Imagine if big Sam got hold of that squad! It could be a genius move to get all those soft players toughened up but I can see the softies going the other way and demanding out of the club.

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Imagine if big Sam got hold of that squad! It could be a genius move to get all those soft players toughened up but I can see the softies going the other way and demanding out of the club.

I think Allardyce gets an unfair rep, but just the thought of an Arsenal fan wanting him is incredible.