Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I just don’t get what is the Arsenal project at the moment and moving forward, nobody seems to know what their system is, the players don’t seem motivated, seem to have a fair bit of off field issues and lots of papering over the cracks, does make you thankful for the boom that we are currently experiencing with our club

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Bruno still got plenty of soft free kicks, one was a blatant dive. Rat faced cheat.

It was never a foul in the build up to Southampton’s goal, the defender got plenty of the ball by simply just stepping in front of him.

To say that tackle was an example of one extreme to the other 😂😂 

silly puss puss

Looked 50/50 to me. Seen them given. He knocked him over before he got the ball. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Looked 50/50 to me. Seen them given. He knocked him over before he got the ball. 

Nowt wrong with a 50/50. Bruno needs to show a heck of a lot more strength and show much less of the ball. It was there to be won.

You’re right they normally are given but I hope the refs keep this up and stop letting these cheats get away with feeling some contact and going down.

Just now, jammie82uk said:

I just don’t get what is the Arsenal project at the moment and moving forward, nobody seems to know what their system is, the players don’t seem motivated, seem to have a fair bit of off field issues and lots of papering over the cracks, does make you thankful for the boom that we are currently experiencing with our club

Was speaking to an Arsenal fan at my new job. He's worried.

Thinks Arteta is the man for the job, but just doesn't know what's going to happen.

He thinks the downfall started years ago, under Wenger. Although they played great football at that time, they went from big, physical players, like Vieira, Petit and Henry, to small, technical players, with no power.

I hadn't thought of that before, but it's true.

As technically good as Fabregas and Walcott were, they weren't as imposing and intimidating as Vieira and Henry. Who were also incredible players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

I'd suggest Vardy being in the 100 club answers that question, and Barnes is already posting numbers way beyond Traore. But yes, they are good because they run faster than people, but have more beyond that. Traore doesn't, as shown by him costing Wolves points in both games already with poor execution.

He's difficult to play against, but he's poor mentally and technically in my opinion, but it's only an opinion. 

He hasn't cost wolves because he's a bad player he's cost them because he can't shoot. If he was just a quick big lad I don't think Spain would take him. 

They seem to have no idea how to get themselves out of the hole. For a start they should have got Arsene or similar back in some sort of DoF capacity: they used to be very smart with transfers, buying from abroad and not offering long contracts to players above 30. Now they're spunking £80m on White and Ramsdale. Maybe that pays off in a few years but jeez sprinkle in a couple of older wiser heads. 

They are too big to go down now the gap has widened, but they really will continue to be a laughing stock until they sort themselves out. The pandemic gave them a lifeline because they can still afford to spend what others now cannot...and they've squandered it. Thing is, I'm not sure they can attract the kind of player they need now.

It is pretty funny as an outsider.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

They seem to have no idea how to get themselves out of the hole. For a start they should have got Arsene or similar back in some sort of DoF capacity: they used to be very smart with transfers, buying from abroad and not offering long contracts to players above 30. Now they're spunking £80m on White and Ramsdale. Maybe that pays off in a few years but jeez sprinkle in a couple of older wiser heads. 

They are too big to go down now the gap has widened, but they really will continue to be a laughing stock until they sort themselves out. The pandemic gave them a lifeline because they can still afford to spend what others now cannot...and they've squandered it. Thing is, I'm not sure they can attract the kind of player they need now.

It is pretty funny as an outsider.

They’re a joke of a club really.

They’ve signed a keeper in Ramsdale for £30m, when Leno is good enough. Having previously sold Martinez for £20m last season.

They’ve sent Saliba out on loan and purchased Ben White for £50m. Saliba was rated as highly as Forfana but apparently he’s not good enough for Arsenal.

Talk of desperate need of a right back, although I don’t Bellerin is that bad. Just play him. 

They talk up Partey like he’s the 2nd coming of Viera, however I’ve never been convinced. 

Auba is a 9, always has been. Stick him out on the wing. 

Wasted £80m on Pepe, for some unknown reason.

Tierney is steady, however made of glass. 

They’ve got talent, however they’re not being managed or used correctly. 

Arsenal are clearly putting money in and they have some good players. They’re looking in the right direction regards recruitment but without seeing the bigger picture. Arteta is out of his depth but I hope they keep him. Three from three defeats after their next game I imagine, no goals and probably rock bottom. 

Trouble is we all know they’re not what they once were - and it appears to have dawned on the Arsenal fans too. The realisation is uncomfortable for them, but it happens in football and they will rise again, one day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

I know Arteta is a previous player at the club, but what made them choose a manager who hadn't managed a club yet? Someone like Eddie Howe must wonder why he's not in the running when such a vacancy turns up.

He's probably very grateful to have swerved the job. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

They’ve signed a keeper in Ramsdale for £30m, when Leno is good enough. Having previously sold Martinez for £20m last season.

They have no other keeper apart from runarsson and they are trying to sell him

1 hour ago, Sly said:

They’ve sent Saliba out on loan and purchased Ben White for £50m. Saliba was rated as highly as Forfana but apparently he’s not good enough for Arsenal.

He don’t want to be at the club as he feels “homesick” and regrets signing 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Talk of desperate need of a right back, although I don’t Bellerin is that bad. Just play him. 

He wants to leave and go to Milan, apparently injured with a tight thigh for today’s game 

3 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Nowt wrong with a 50/50. Bruno needs to show a heck of a lot more strength and show much less of the ball. It was there to be won.

You’re right they normally are given but I hope the refs keep this up and stop letting these cheats get away with feeling some contact and going down.

My issue is in Bruno's reaction to the ref and the ref not immediately telling him to step-off or get a yellow. I don't think the challenge was a foul in any way and if it had been somebody like Amartey I'd have been fuming he hadn't been switched on. But I'm not even sure that's the point. It's how players confront refs all the time. Even if in Bruno's mind it was a clear foul, so what, he shouldn't be up in the refs face shouting at him. No player should be doing that. We got Klopp yesterday warning against these kinds of decisions being let go (knowing full well Salah is prone to falling down at the slightest touch) and then OGS saying they wouldn't accept that kind of tackle 20 years ago lol . The more pressure put on these refs by these "big" clubs and players the more they'll think of dropping the policy. And I think with a player like Vardy in our team (somebody fast and direct with a high probability of getting brought down) this policy will lose us a couple of goals a season but I still hope it stays.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

You keep finding new ways to demonstrate how utterly stupid and thick you are. Remarkable. 

You can't call the thickies that any more. 

Since they've insisted opinion and fact are equal they're longer thick. They're just expressing an opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

They’re a joke of a club really.

They talk up Partey like he’s the 2nd coming of Viera, however I’ve never been convinced. 

Auba is a 9, always has been. Stick him out on the wing. 

Wasted £80m on Pepe, for some unknown reason.

Tierney is steady, however made of glass. 

They’ve got talent, however they’re not being managed or used correctly. 

This is the one that showed their hand in the Maddison saga. They're paying in so many instalments for Pepe and after the Maguire deal, getting 95% of it up front, I strongly doubt we'd allow Arsenal to poach one of our players for a similar deal to the Pepe one. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

. ......... If you are young or youngish and healthy god nos why you would even think about having it!!

For the same reason when millions of young people joined up and were killed and injured in two world wars - for the belief in the greater good of mankind.

You sir ( or madam) are a selfish example of what we have become.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

My issue is in Bruno's reaction to the ref and the ref not immediately telling him to step-off or get a yellow....But I'm not even sure that's the point. It's how players confront refs all the time. Even if in Bruno's mind it was a clear foul, so what, he shouldn't be up in the refs face shouting at him. No player should be doing that. 

Exactly right. Rugby players aren't allowed to dispute calls and football is letting refs down by not stopping it. It's not about getting the ref to reverse a decision - it's an attritional approach to weaken his/her resolve/impartiality so that, at some point, they get a decision they aren't justified in getting.

Fergie got his yawpiest players to crowd the ref and it was sheer intimidation. However experienced a ref is, having someone like Keane in your face is unpleasant and, I suspect, you would think twice about giving anything but a nailed on decision after these confrontations. Sheer gamesmanship.

The reason why they won't stop it is that two yellows and a sending off, where one of those yellows is for dissent, would be seen as over-punitive.

Time for a sin bin.

• Like 2