Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Anyone think West Ham arent actually all that?

They beat a Newcastle side that imploded at home and are pretty much our bogey team, nothing more nothing less. Hardly this top 4 challenging outfit they seem to be depicted at.

Expect them to finish around 8th-10th, which would be a great season for them.

Only Man City have won more games this Calendar year

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

West Ham about to sign Zouma. Good signing to strengthen their defence

25m and 140k a week? No thank you very much.

18 hours ago, Nalis said:

Anyone think West Ham arent actually all that?

They beat a Newcastle side that imploded at home and are pretty much our bogey team, nothing more nothing less. Hardly this top 4 challenging outfit they seem to be depicted at.

Expect them to finish around 8th-10th, which would be a great season for them.

They are very basic and functional workmamlike team. Loads of big men throughout the team. Dawson, Ogbonna, Rice, Soucek, Antonio are all over 6'2 tall, mixed in with some good counterattacking players. It's pretty much your typical David Moyes team. Lots of big men, lots of physicality, lots of crosses into the box, solid defensively and couple of good goal scorers. I respect Moyes for his resurgence and I respect West Ham, but its not the most progressive and aesthetically pleasing team. 

Edited by Koke

On 23/08/2021 at 13:53, urban.spaceman said:

£40m. And they're trying to sell Ndomble and Aurier. 

If Wolves pull this deal off I will have infinite respect for them up to a point. 

39 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm surprised nobody got the joke. It's from the Pub Landlord, Al Murray, when he said he has infinite respect for the Irish, up to a point :D

1. I don't watch shit telly.

2. Within any range of non-integer numbers from [x] to [y] there is an infinite amount of possible describable values.  So you can have an infinite amount of something while also having an upper and lower limit on it.

• Like 1

This interesting one but if Arteta was to get the sack early on could it possible Lampard to go Arsenal, I know theres the Chelsea connection there which may be a problem. But taking that aside Arsenal have a young squad and do like promote players with Lampard has shown at Chelsea in his short time hes good at getting the youngsters out and getting the best out of them.  The only down fall for Lampard was when he was given an open cheque book at Chelsea. But could anyone see Lampards Arsenal being a good fit?

• Haha 1

It's win-win all round if Kane is forced to stay put.

True, Spurs will never gain see a bid north of £100m, and they'll have to keep paying his wages, and he may never be 100% the player he was. Plus any young stars will be loathe to sign long contracts with the club. But they have made a stand!

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just been told man city have pulled the plug on the deal 😂 I wonder if he change his tune if his agent rings him on deadline and said "PSG want you" 

I guess they will go for Ronaldo, can’t see them going into the season with no striker, and they clearly have £100+m floating about. 

Have Ron for a year or two then get Haaland next summer. Must be nice to be owned by a state. 

He won’t get a move to any one good now Man City will get another striker in and forget he existed and he will be playing for Everton in 2 years when his contract expires and his ankles give way every 2 games 😂