Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

On 24/08/2021 at 00:02, Kopfkino said:

They’ve got absolutely naff all depth so when Europe kicks in they’ll be ****ed. I said before the game, this is the worst time we could play them because we knew they had our number last year and right at the start of the season they’d be bang on it. Play them in October and there’ll not be anywhere near the level they were tonight

Totally agree. Moyes also got them back for pre season early. They'd played a friendly before we'd even returned. 

It was one of those perfect storm moments. Them zero injuries, 3 weeks fitter, confident of beating us,.home support, the type physical team we have problems with.....versus playing an injury riddled 10.men. 

Yet, belive it or.not, we still looked the.more elegant side first half,.crafting 3 well.worked chances. 

Wait til antonios hamstring goes pop and soucek et al pull up exhausted in January and we'll see how how fcking cocky they are then. Their bench is rancid.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

That's 70 shots for us in 3 games now after battering Forest tonight in the cup. 

If we can only get a few players in we might stand a chance. Certainly won't be boring like under Nuno. 

Christ did you have that many last season?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I know how good Kane is and how much Spurs rely on him, but I think they’re barmy for not accepting £150 million. 

Yep, Levy is mental. Some of the players they could take as part of the deal are also going to significantly improve their squad. 

• Like 1

Still odd that Man City prioritised Grealish over Kane. I'd read somewhere it might have largely been based on the Arabs' need for a 'character' at the club; a social media superstar instead of simple dullard talent, haha. 

Still Haaland or Mbappe might be a decent target for them ( if mbappe turns down Madrid)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree. Moyes also got them back for pre season early. They'd played a friendly before we'd even returned. 

It was one of those perfect storm moments. Them zero injuries, 3 weeks fitter, confident of beating us,.home support, the type physical team we have problems with.....versus playing an injury riddled 10.men. 

Yet, belive it or.not, we still looked the.more elegant side first half,.crafting 3 well.worked chances. 

Wait til antonios hamstring goes pop and soucek et al pull up exhausted in January and we'll see how how fcking cocky they are then. Their bench is rancid.

They were better for the full 90.

They might have a good season with regards injuries. It can happen (as we all know). 

I’ve absolutely nothing against West Ham and wouldn’t mind them doing well, as long as it isn’t at our expense. 

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Kane I think will be in a big sulk all season and can imagine he'll pretty peed with levy for scuppered the move. Kane will score a few no doubt but dont expect the same kane this season.

You mean he won’t be motivated to win the Conference? :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I know how good Kane is and how much Spurs rely on him, but I think they’re barmy for not accepting £150 million. 

For businessman like levy thid surely a bad bit of buisness. A player who came from the academy selling for £150 million at the end the age of 28, would have been fab deal. For that price spurs could have invested in there squad brought in likes of Ward-Prowse, Abraham, Lingard and Traore. Plus may have had change.

34 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

For businessman like levy thid surely a bad bit of buisness. A player who came from the academy selling for £150 million at the end the age of 28, would have been fab deal. For that price spurs could have invested in there squad brought in likes of Ward-Prowse, Abraham, Lingard and Traore. Plus may have had change.

I'd be suicidal if we spunked £150m on that tat.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Interesting if Ronaldo does go Man City, remember when Jose compared Grealish to Ronaldo not so long ago... possible mentor for him. Just imagine Englands own Ronaldo...

lol

It would take at least 50,000 years to make Grealish as good as Ronaldo, if it were ever even possible. Jack would be too old by then for those skills to be any use to him. 

Just my opinion, by the way.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Interesting if Ronaldo does go Man City, remember when Jose compared Grealish to Ronaldo not so long ago... possible mentor for him. Just imagine Englands own Ronaldo...

My last post was pretty uncharitable, so I apologise. I get the point you were making, I'm not sure whether Ronaldo is the mentoring type though. To be as good as him, for as long as he has been, he has to be completely focused on himself I imagine. Working with a player like Ronaldo would probably be an eye opener for most players though, they're bound to pick up something, whether that's skills, desire or simple workrate :thumbup:

Unsure of correct thread for this question....and I know this site is super sensitive about streams etc..So, for the sake of clarity, this question is NOT about streaming. 

But does anyone use NordVPN on, say, Saturday afternoon at 3pm, and might it be any use if I decide to use, say a USA IP address? 

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Unsure of correct thread for this question....and I know this site is super sensitive about streams etc..So, for the sake of clarity, this question is NOT about streaming. 

But does anyone use NordVPN on, say, Saturday afternoon at 3pm, and might it be any use if I decide to use, say a USA IP address? 

not much use. i don't think you need one tbh. waste of money

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1