Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

As much as I am cynical about Man City’s role in all this he is an upgrade on Cavani and also allows them to have an old but still elite striker up front every single game this season by rotating them.

If he stays fit they will compete for silverware this season, or at least next season when they get a proper manager.

Mad thing is, Man U are signing a player manager here. He’s not going to listen to a word that Goblin says - and that’s the most worrying thing, because Ole is the only thing holding them back currently. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Is Ed Woodward actually doing something positive at the end of his reign or is he sitting amongst his garden gnomes whilst someone competent gets stuff done?

Garden Gnomes mate! The new guy has his name on everything so far by all accounts 

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Solskjaer, Fernandes, Ronaldo, jesus christ the smug factor about to go through the roof here. 

Ole needs a major trophy now or he's toast

Varane at the back too on top of a good attack now.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manini said:

Mad thing is, Man U are signing a player manager here. He’s not going to listen to a word that Goblin says - and that’s the most worrying thing, because Ole is the only thing holding them back currently. 

I don't him to win a trophy, Ole. Can't stand his smug face.

He's still nothing but an average manager for me.

• Like 1

I actually think Solskjaer deserves more respect than he gets. He should have won the Europa League last season but his league performance has been very respectable. It always makes me laugh when people suggest replacing him with Pochettino, who prior to PSG hadn't won a trophy and last season fell short of the ones that really count for a club of their unlimited resources. 

10 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

they need a good DM. they still start matic and fred lol 

That is their biggest issue. If they resolved that then I would agree with the general consensus that the manager would have absolutely no excuse for not seriously challenging for the title. 

• Like 1

Man Utd are making a big risk, should they sign Ronaldo.

It's not as if he's 30-31 and has a few years left in him or more.

He's 36 and not sure if they need him with Bruno Fernandes present.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A risk? Even at 36 he is still mega fit and the best player in the world. Especially at the relatively low price they are paying (outside of the wages).

He will give them a lot and young players will learn a lot from him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Low risk considering its only 30m transfer fee. 

Even getting a year out of him will be productive. They got 30 (?) goals out of Ibra when he signed. Not to mention the marketing and advertising they'll profit from.