Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

How can Man Utd sign one of the worlds best players in six hours but we take two years and counting to sign a winger

I know Man Utd didn't likely just start start negotiations etc. today

Probably because there is a difference of about 600m in yearly revenues between the two clubs.

Anyway no need to fear, as a result of this deal Dan James will be lining up for us away to Man City! :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Without doubt the worlds best football at the moment, rank way above messi who let's face has never shown up for Argentina at a world cup or tested himself in the premier league.

Does he need to test himself in the Premier League lol 

I'm sure he'd have no problem against the likes of Grant Hanley.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Without doubt the worlds best football at the moment, rank way above messi who let's face has never shown up for Argentina at a world cup or tested himself in the premier league.

Ranks way above Messi just because Messi hasn't won a World Cup? 

Odd logic. 

• Like 2

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

And what exactly has Ronaldo ever done for Argentina at a world cup?

• Haha 2

It’s both interesting and frustrating to see the top clubs act on their missing pieces, this is just going to make it even harder to compete for top four.

Think Man Utd are still a quality DM away from competing for the title though.

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

You are aware that Messi played in a World Cup final and won player of the tournament at that World Cup? Is that not turning up? 

Ronaldo has never turned up at the World Cup with your logic. And he's had one amazing season in the PL - let's not forget the amazing 10 years that followed was playing for Real Madrid. 

Great move by Juventus to cash in. More like a game of musical chairs with older players as their abilities start to decline. If Ronaldo still has it throwing him on for the final 30 mins is going to be devastating for the opposing team.

Some people are talking about him like he’s completely past it.

He’s not the player he was but he is still an absolutely elite level centre forward. Scored 60 goals in 2 seasons in Serie A. 

He’s an absolute freak, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he won the Golden Boot this season or next. 

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Some people are talking about him like he’s completely past it.

He’s not the player he was but he is still an absolutely elite level centre forward. Scored 60 goals in 2 seasons in Serie A. 

He’s an absolute freak, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he won the Golden Boot this season or next. 

He's done a fantastic job of using his skill set technically to evolve himself for the latter stages of his career. His physique had developed as well, he's lost a bit of pace but he's phenomenally strong and probably the best header of a ball in world football. 

United will be no joke this year. Varane, Pogba, Fernandes and Ronaldo is an incredible spine. I think you'll find Ronaldo might be exactly what Pogba needs as well. He's an under rated leader. Got a real bit of the Roy Keanes about him, nobody will be allowed to have an off day. 

I can see them doing a Chelsea, starting a bit average but sacking Ole off for a proper coach and then going on a charge. 

• Like 2