Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

He’s annoying and smackable and I don’t like him (mainly because he’s handsome and talented) but he’s in the top two greatest players of all time and in terms of a “winning mentality” he’s probably the greatest ever. Will be great to see him back tbf. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended the season top scorer. He’s so annoyingly, irritatingly, incessantly effective. 

Since the Ronaldo news, BBC Football's website' current top 4 news articles are about him and Man Utd. Not surprised, given how often they like to post about the club.

Screenshot_20210827-211045_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Wymsey
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

For some totally unknown reason I first read that as excrement she wrote

That's the sequel, it didn't do well at the box office. The remaining version of the trilogy 'The Return Of The Big Poo' was understandably cancelled by the studio, on the grounds that nobody in particular wanted to see it :ph34r:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, thursday_next said:

That's the sequel, it didn't do well at the box office. The remaining version of the trilogy 'The Return Of The Big Poo' was understandably cancelled by the studio, on the grounds that nobody in particular wanted to see it :ph34r:

Sounds like they forgot to make the middle part more tense - "The Feces Strike Back" would have been better IMO. 

Another 2015/2016 season seems so far away at the minute, with some of the players the likes of united,city and Chelsea have bought. 

West Ham are looking stronger and Liverpool with van Dyk will be up there, 5th place this season I feel at this point will be a bigger achievement then the last two seasons, based off what we are competing with this season.

8 minutes ago, Md9 said:

You never know a few injuries to a few teams other than us and we start getting a few players back we could put up a decent go for 4th again but will be the hardest year to do it in a while. 

Problem is as soon as we get a few players back, other players also get injured lol 

3 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Hate United but absolutely love the fact that Ronaldo will be back in the PL this season. He's a phenomenal player who's dedication means he's still at the very top of his game. I can't wait to see him tearing it up again. Anyone who thinks he's simply here for a final payday doesn't know enough about his personality and what drives him. I fully expect him to still be a top player at the age of 40, his hunger and desire to win is on another level. 

He has kept himself in pristine condition.

I'd bet he is fitter, stronger and just plain better than most Premier league players 10 years younger.

3 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Hate United but absolutely love the fact that Ronaldo will be back in the PL this season. He's a phenomenal player who's dedication means he's still at the very top of his game. I can't wait to see him tearing it up again. Anyone who thinks he's simply here for a final payday doesn't know enough about his personality and what drives him. I fully expect him to still be a top player at the age of 40, his hunger and desire to win is on another level. 

I was saying that to the Mrs. The guy is in insane shape. Probably fitter now than most of the players we grew up watching in their prime. People forget he has outscored Lukaku the last two years and he just went for £100m. 

Edited by Scotch

5 hours ago, Koke said:

It'll be nice to see him in the flesh again. But worryingly for us, top 4 look unachievable now. 

If top 4 is unachievable after 2 games and a rival signing 1 player (admittedly Ronaldo), then perhaps we didn't have much of a chance anyway:P

• Like 3

Liverpool despite no noticeable reinforcements are still a better team than United. Man United are terrible in possession and that’s because OGS is a dreadful coach, Ronaldo will help paper over the cracks but they’ll finish c. 10 points off top again.

• Like 3

I think Man Utd have made a serious signing that will win them the title. Not only is Ronaldo still up there in terms of the best players in the world, but his influence on other players will help to raise the standard of everyone's game there and the positivity around Old Trafford will push them to great things imo. A player that demands, influences and loves that club like he does will only help their cause. 

• Like 2