Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I'm just really sceptical of Ole as a manger. I guess only time will tell what will happen. I could also see a scenario where Ronaldo doesn't quite live up to expectations as well. I actually think Varane might turn out to be the bigger signing for them.

The overall business they've done this summer has been good. Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo to add to in form players like Pogba, Bruno, Shaw, Maguire, Cavani, etc.. They finished second last season, albeit miles behind Man City but I think they'll bridge that gap. People raving about Chelsea but think their main weakness last season was defensively and signing Lukaku will not help them resolve that issue. 

21 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I wonder if Fernandes will be marginalised having to play in the same team as Ronaldo? He was fairly anonymous at the Euros. Doubt he'll be taking anymore pens and free kicks for a start.

It will be interesting. He's been to United what Grealish was to Villa really. 

It's why they need a strong manager to really assert a good tactical approach there. I mean, Sancho, Rashford, Fernandes and Pogba all setting him up SHOULD be excellent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Despise Utd but looking forward to seeing Ronaldo play. 

Me too. Despite all the plaudits the EPL gets, and the money the big clubs spend, it can be frustrating seeing big names like Messi, Neymar and MBappe choose to stay away. Maybe this signing will even persuade other mega stars like MBappe or that Italian striker to come here.

Arsenal never look ready for a new season, even going back to Wengers last years, it's like the players have never met each other. They may improve in the last third of the season again but they have so many shambolic performances particularly early on, weaker than the sum of the parts somehow. OK, away to Man City is potentially your toughest game of the season but at their level they should be capable of something better.

Just now, Number 6 said:

Man City haven't even got our of first gear or started particularly well and are 2 up after 12 mins. That defence is just horrific.

Serious issues in defence, CB’s are not keeping together, full backs are dropping deeper then the CB’s