Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

No they’ll sack arteta and new manager will come in and get enough of an upturn with the quality they have. They’ve played Chelsea and Man City in two of their three games.

Agree arterta won’t last long, and yes new manager bounce tends to happen with quality players.

I just don’t feel they are as good as some make out, and seriously low confidence among the team. 

interesting to see 

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe it's the fact I can barely see the football from the glare of the sun, but I'd rather a yellow for that. Didn't look like he was ever likely to catch the player?

It’s not about whether you’re gonna catch the player. It’s reckless and out of control, as the law stipulates. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Rodgers odds for the Arsenal job will be shortening further…

Oh god I hadn't thought about that. All the talk of Artete out and I'm thinking who could go in there without thinking of Rodgers. I don't think he'll go but we'll still have to deal with the media sniffing around endlessly stirring and asking the question. They have to do something now Kane is staying at Spurs.  

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The red card will give Arteta  an excuse now.

Already seen Arsenal fans on Twitter complaining they are playing 12 men. 

Two feet, straight legs, off the ground. Whether people like it or not they are given in modern football. Can't really complain. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, sdb said:

Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe it's the fact I can barely see the football from the glare of the sun, but I'd rather a yellow for that. Didn't look like he was ever likely to catch the player?

That all good and well, but it luck whether he catches him.

Red card law; SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

10 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Oh god I hadn't thought about that. All the talk of Artete out and I'm thinking who could go in there without thinking of Rodgers. I don't think he'll go but we'll still have to deal with the media sniffing around endlessly stirring and asking the question.

Yep, that's tonights BBC 606 agenda sorted....

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why would he want to leave? We are currently a better team, a bette ran club, our training facilities are out of this world. The two clubs are heading in completely different directions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why would he want to leave? We are currently a better team, a bette ran club, our training facilities are out of this world. The two clubs are heading in completely different directions. 

All true, but the media speculation will be never ending...

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

You know how betting odds + London based media work, I was in no way condoning it.

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Two feet, straight legs, off the ground. Whether people like it or not they are given in modern football. Can't really complain. 

Yes and most of the pundits agreed but you just know Arsenal fans and probably the manager will disagree.