Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Seemed harsh. But Taylor didn't even see the the moving of the arm after contact and still looked absolutely convinced it was a penalty and a red card, so that must be the rules. Bad luck for Chelsea.

Penalty yes but that’s never a red card, the fact the ball has spun up off his knee and then hit his arm has to be the mitigating circumstance as to why it’s not a red. That has all happened in a split second and these kind of decisions are what make VAR look ridiculous at times. 

It's a definite penalty. It's a definite red. Both purely because James makes that swinging motion with his arm towards the ball after it hits his knee. If he doesn't do that, it goes down as a no incident because it took a ricochet off another part of his body. The swinging motion makes it look deliberate.

Once you give the penalty, ref has no choice but to send him off for literally denying a goal.

I don't agree that Taylor only gets to see the freeze-frame. If that's a way of them speeding up VAR I think that's wrong. Similar happened with us and Perez - first image the ref sees is the foot planted on the guy's shin which doesn't show the whole context.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Why can't the rules just have a line at the bottom that says all rules are subject to common sense and benefit if doubt can Be given. It isn't always black and white. 

True, but then there are the versions of common sense that referees would apply to certain favoured teams. 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Why can't the rules just have a line at the bottom that says all rules are subject to common sense and benefit if doubt can Be given. It isn't always black and white. 

Terrible idea, the rich clubs get favourable treatment as it is, this would give refs carte blanche to kill competition forever.

31 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

looks like the old Lukaku the complete opposite to last week

Just what I was thinking - old =the donkey who was always caught on his heels but scored for fun against lower league and bottom third prem sides 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I really fear for us playing any of Manchester City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool!!..

We're a million miles off their quality and squad depths.

Cannot see us getting 1 point from any of those 8 games.

And yet but for injury at the end of last season we would be in the CL instead of one of these 

• Like 1