Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Thought the game yesterday was improved hugely by Martin Tyler being nowhere near it, rambling on and trying to bantz with Gary Neville.

Rob Hawthorne is far easier to listen to.

Martin Tyler should have been shoved in a care home and kept alive with cups of tea and custard creams years ago. The man has gone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Things are getting a bit testy at Burnley...

I was about to call it a rubgy match ... but it's more thuggish than that.

For someone who moans how other clubs' players are worth many pound notes, Dyche doesn't respect it by leaving their limbs attached.  Burnley can get away with a lot more at home against Bielsa/Leeds than away at Pep's Oil City.

Phillips doing his best to be the enforcer for a whole dainty XI, while Burnley rotate the fouls.  He'll end up being the one sent off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

I was about to call it a rubgy match ... but it's more thuggish than that.

For someone who moans how other clubs' players are worth many pound notes, Dyche doesn't respect it by leaving their limbs attached.  Burnley can get away with a lot more at home against Bielsa/Leeds than away at Pep's Oil City.

Phillips doing his best to be the enforcer for a whole dainty XI, while Burnley rotate the fouls.  He'll end up being the one sent off.

Well, you know, gentlemen's game played by thugs and all that :P;) :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

That’s an annoying predictable goal for Watford to give up at the end of a first half where Tottenham did nothing. Really bad keeping. You have to go for the ball in that situation and it wasn’t even out of his reach. 

Yes - disappointing.

Right on HT too.

Gives them a boost and deflates us.

Burnley seem to have had the same squad for about 10 years, never seem to strengthen, every season is "the season they go down" and you just know they'll be somewhere between 11th and 15th come March with 35 points.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Burnley seem to have had the same squad for about 10 years, never seem to strengthen, every season is "the season they go down" and you just know they'll be somewhere between 11th and 15th come March with 35 points.

Probably because they nick games like this ..

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Tarkowski is a principal reason  they remain in the PL. He is a consistent , durable , top class defender.

• Like 3

Guest MarshallForEngland

We've obviously got more quality overall than Burnley but I can't help but wish we were able to work as hard they do. Everybody puts a shift in and not a single one of them is shy about getting physical, whereas our boys seem to get bullied a lot and don't look up for it sometimes.

Edited by MarshallForEngland

Just now, Jonezy said:

Hmmm. So after laughing at Tottenham all summer, Nuno has actually made them a solid unit again, that can grind out results. Shame really, but kudos to Nuno and Tottenham. 

We are three games in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FOXSE said:

We are three games in.

I know, but considering the mess they have been in all summer, they have done really well. Grinding 1-0s against Man City and Wolves away is rather impressive and if they also see this game out, they are the only ones on maximum points. I was hoping for mess like Arsenal, so I am left impressed and dissappointed.

• Like 2